How many divers are dog lovers/owners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is Lindy our Lab/Great Dane mix we adopted from the local Lab Rescue group. She's almost two in this picture and has been playing in the mud and the creek.

I love this thread! We are owned by two dogs. Davie is our pound puppy who is supposedly half collie/half jack russell. I see the collie in him...sometimes :) . Winston is a brussels griffon. We have been told he looks like Chewbacca, a muppet, and an Ewok...

To answer the question...our dogs go to my parents house when we go away. If that isn't an option, we use a local kennel that has indoor/outdoor runs, fenced play areas and a dog pool. We hopefully will never have to board them in small crates at a vet.

Davie
photo
IMG_0637.jpg

Winston
IMG_1016.jpg

photo

Last edited:
I am a dog lover and owner. I leave my precious pooch w/family when I go away. I am lucky enough to have family near by that unfortunately (for them) don't dive, but it's good for me because they are the perfect free dog sitters! :)

Great thread. Hermit Crab has a 17 month springer spaniel. Very high energy. Very lovable. Yes, that is him in my profile pic. Also have 2 cats and a rabbit. A neighbor charges an arm and a leg to watch Charlie when we are out of town, so he usually comes with us. Would love to find somebody in the area that would be willing to watch Charlie in trade for us watching their dog.
HE LOVES to swim! And is fun to swim with. We take him to the beach most weekends.

Charlie and Hermit Crab at the beach earlier this year.
julieatbeach.jpg

Finally wore him out!!
P1011153.jpg

SJ, Where is that beach??? I just moved down here and don't know where to take Jubilee for some ocean fun!

Where do you live in Florida? That is Hollywood Beach. $5 for residents, and a 6 month pass is $30. Fri-Sun only.

Where do you live in Florida? That is Hollywood Beach. $5 for residents, and a 6 month pass is $30. Fri-Sun only.

I live in north Boca near Delray. I know there is one in Jupiter which is probably closer for me lol but I do take my dog down as far as Plantation on Sundays for flyball practice.

Sounds like fun. If you want to try Hollywood, let me know. I can get 2 dogs in on one pass. :) AND I have the 6month pass.

Just thought I would bring this thread back to life and see if there are any more dog people out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom