How many divers are dog lovers/owners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I went & saw a breeder I had made an appointment with a few days ago who had a couple of Labrador Retrievers left. I picked out a beautiful black female. The owner agreed to keep her until I return form a trip next week. She's 10 weeks old & all feet & ears right now. Really high "cute factor". She's really laid back in demeanor. I decided to name her "Magic". I think she'll make a wonderful addition to the family! Happiness is a warm puppy!
:dancingsnoopy: Pictures to follow once I get her home.

"SCUBA"board

ROFL!
a) this is in Non-Diving Related Stuff
and
b) the title was pretty clear, so you shouldn't be shocked :wink:

Well, I went & saw a breeder I had made an appointment with a few days ago who had a couple of Labrador Retrievers left. I picked out a beautiful black female. The owner agreed to keep her until I return form a trip next week. She's 10 weeks old & all feet & ears right now. Really high "cute factor". She's really laid back in demeanor. I decided to name her "Magic". I think she'll make a wonderful addition to the family! Happiness is a warm puppy!
:dancingsnoopy: Pictures to follow once I get her home.
Woohooo!!!! can't wait to see the photos!

Congratulations on the new baby!

Picture_0182.jpg

Thank you! He's my baby. People here are just terrified of him. He wouldn't hurt anything. He is now 2 years old, 112 kilos..... and 38 inches at the shoulder... He's my big boy.

But he has no friends. The dogs here are are all little and they bite him on the face. He doesn't do anything. The cats love him. Even the many feral cats here come up and rub around his feet. How can anyone be scared of that?

I hear you about having a big dog and people being a bit scared. Always amazes me as I see the nasty little yappy snappy dogs everywhere but no one seems to mind them or mind that they get all up in the bigger dogs' faces (or jump on humans)! That's "cute" but god forbid a big dog do the same thing back in play :shocked2:

I'm so glad to see a dog bigger than my girls, though! Dora is back up to about 48kgs and MatildaLily is probably around 35ish so they're dainty compared to Apollo!

Thanks for the kind words on the photos :) I love taking shots of them, but they often get away before I get too many frames off LOL

Yep. When my neighbor's Bishon Fris runs at Everyone barking and growling--they all think it's cute. But if Apollo justs jogs toward them to say hello, they scream and yell.
You have gotten some good light and shots. I think I have several thousand pics of the dogs and cats...... maybe twelve are really good. But I keep taking them.

And I'll say it out loud. I tend to trust and like strangers faster, if they have big dogs... Kind of the whole brotherhood thing I guess. That, and I know they will not mind the slobber..

Okay, one more of my baby, Apollo. Oh! And my baby, Haley. (Yes, I forgot my daughter...)
Picture_0381.jpg

A Mastiff!!!! I LOVE Mastiffs!:D & a beautiful brindle one at that.I grew up with the breed. We had 4 adult Mastiffs at one time (plus us 5 kids); what a zoo that was:shakehead:. But Sooooo much fun! They are nothing much more than absolutely lovable 200lb area rugs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom