How many different sites do you generally dive in a year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

only 3 this year. we are behind, but blame both of us moving (so much less time *and* $$ for a couple of months). :(

I am too lazy to count. Anyway, for me most sites have multiple versions of themselves. Day vs twilight vs night are 3 variations of the sample local. Cruising 8 feet above the reef vs. looking in holes vs. very carefully hovering 1-2 ft and looking to the tiny critters are different views of the same place.

Ok, since one trip equals one site, then My record in a 12 month period is 6: Aurora Reservoir, Colorado; Chatfield Reservoir, Colorado, Florida Keys, Maui, Fiji, Cozumel. Typically I get in multiple events at a local site and 2 trips to warm water venues. I wish it could be more. Thankfully we have trips to both Bonaire and Florida in the calendar within the next 7 months.
(Now if each different site counted as a site, then the record, set that same year, would be 54.)
DivemasterDennis

So how many local sites have you hit, and how many trips have you done?

This year I've dived the following sites, one local and six trips.

Cave country, FL
Freeport, Bahamas
Morehead City, NC
Dutch Springs, PA is considered local for me.
Ontario, Canada
Seattle, Wa
Barkley Sound, Vancouver Island

sam sucks! :tongue stickie outie smilie:

ScubaNoob, my hat is off to you! You're doing what I wish I did more of, which is really getting out there and seeing what's available at multiple accessible sites.

GrumpyOldGuy, your point about day and night dives at the same site being "different sites" is a good one!

And for those of you who only have one or two local sites, I guess I shouldn't gripe about being stuck in three here, huh?

Two a year for us is good; three is great. This year, Lembeh and Raja Ampat on one trip, Alor on another. :D

Local sites? Zip. People around here drive 6 hours to certify OW. :shakehead:

I hit the same sites frequently, but dive about 15-20 different sites each year. I haven't been to warm water in 16 years, and Merry hasn't dived in warm water since getting certified. We're making our first warm water trip next weekend to Cozumel. I'm leaving my drysuit at home.

This year only three: Maui, Molokini, and Lanai (with approx. 20 different dive sites). Next year I hope to add Bonaire and Klein Bonaire to the mix. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom