http://www.diveheart.org/

How many deep dives have you done and how many times have you experienced nitrogen narcosis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's your definition of deep dive? Do you include those with trimix?

What's your definition of experiencing narcosis? How do you take into consideration the fact that one common case is that, just like with alcohol, people are not aware that they are experimenting narcosis?

What's your definition of experimenting narcosis? How do you take into consideration the fact that one common case is that, just like with alcohol, people are not aware that they are experimenting narcosis?
I think you mean experiencing not experimenting

@dtimu

Your questions are too vague IMHO, you need to define what you mean by deep and perhaps add other questions such as what gas do you breath at certain depths etc.

Additionally as @JMarc points out above, many people are not aware when they are narced.

I think you mean experiencing not experimenting
Right. Another hint if you needed it that I'm a native speaker of French which has a single word where English use two.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved from Intro

And this is the third thread posted by this account asking for the same information.

Two questions in "the form".
1) How many deep dives
2) How many dives did you experience narcosis.

These questions are meaningless nonsense as both are "open" questions without you qualifying what you mean by the questions.

This is wasting the ScubaBoard community's time.

Two questions in "the form".
1) How many deep dives
2) How many dives did you experience narcosis.

These questions are meaningless nonsense as both are "open" questions without you qualifying what you mean by the questions.

This is wasting the ScubaBoard community's time.
Wasting the OP's time too, unless his math research is about the collection of meaningless data.

Impossible to answer because I did not write down narcosis in my log book except on rare cases eg. the first one that I was aware of or at shallow depth 25m.

I believe you're a student. As teacher, I'm always glad to help, and I've answered.

One or two suggestions though :

- explaining the aim of this data collection and of this paper might help to get more responses from SB members
- I fear the question about experiencing narcosis is vague : below 30m on air, there are already some impairments of the diver's abilities, but does he realise it ?... Most of the time, people don't feel narked, although any underwater simple test will reveal it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom