http://www.diveheart.org/

Help needed! Have you ever experienced nitrogen narcosis while doing a recreational dive?

Have you ever experienced nitrogen narcosis while doing a recreational dive?

• Yes

Votes: 42 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtimu

New
Reaction score

Have you ever experienced nitrogen narcosis while doing a recreational dive? Please answer the poll I’ve created for my math analysis paper. If you could write the depth below as well, I would really appreciate it.​

very slight but I would guess it would be more noticeable if doing a task.

As shallow as 75' in low vis SoCal waters.

Reactions: EdC

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved from Intro

This is the second thread created by the same user. With a reminder that this is a new user with no history. If you respond, your information will be captured, mined and sold.

Yes, 130ft. I don't know what depth it started or ended. "Task loading" became noticeably more difficult, but otherwise nothing too crazy happened.

I don't know how useful this data would be from an actual scientific perspective. Math (which I do have a background in) is very different from statistics, which is also different from effective surveys. There are many factors which can cause surveys to become heavily skewed, including where you sample the data from, and the phrasing of the question asked.

edit: I'll leave my reply up. However, I do agree it's a little unusual that OP is creating these threads, but not participating on scuba-board.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved from Intro

This is the second thread created by the same user. With a reminder that this is a new user with no history. If you respond, your information will be captured, mined and sold.

"will be" or "might be"?

-Z

Not until 180 ft.

I have experienced some effect as shallow as 100' (once), mostly perceptual narrowing and perceived task loading. On most dives beyond 115' I have experience some level of these effects, usually mild. Only once, at 108', was it unmanageable enough that I called the dive. On my deepest dive (128') the effect was minimal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom