http://www.diveheart.org/

How many deep dives have you done and how many times have you experienced nitrogen narcosis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've still no clue which French word you think is a better generic translation for "experiment" than "expérience". Or do you mean that there is a better English word than "experiment" in my paragraph above? In the later case the faulty part is my knowledge as I didn't use any tool to write it.

I was hoping to get a better understanding of the meanings of "experience" and "experiment" in English, currently I fear I'm not getting anything more of this part of the thread than the need to double check every affirmation you make.
Don't worry, tursiops likes to speak confidently in absolute terms about things he doesn't understand. It seems like you have a better grasp on English than he has on French.

Language is subtle
There is nothing like trying to explain your own language to a non native speaker to get that point. Excepted trying to speak another language. I wonder what insight on French I'd gain by learning a non-indoeuropean one.

If you want to have fun, try to have some French speakers explain the difference between "an" and "année". That's as fun as making a group of men and women decide if some well chosen object is blue or green.

I have done 1021 dives over 30 metres. Of those, 497 have been deeper than 40 metres. I have probably been narked on all of them. However, I can only recall two where I was severely affected, one was my first one to over 30 metres and another was a dive to over 50 metres.

I did one dive in 180 ffw and we were all narced out of our freaking minds.

I've experienced narcosis when doing small tasks below 100 feet. But I haven't kept count. I don't know if that is of any value to you.

Back
Top Bottom