How many cylinders do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread hasn't aged in my favor. Added a couple dozen more sets of doubles, a few more compressors and a couple more boosters. I did sell several rebreathers. Down to a more normal amount of them now. I think I only have 5 or 6. You will probably see me on an episode of hoarders someday.
Sounds to me like you have a set of Worth 108s doubled that you don't need anymore... along with some Luxfer AL6s... :wink:

When I first moved to Florida from Indiana I owned 20 tanks:
3 sets double HP100s
1 set double LP104s
2 HP100 singles
2 LP85 singles
4 AL40s
1 AL80
3 AL6s

I’ve since thinned the herd immensely and I now own 7 tanks:
4 HP100 singles
1 AL80
2 AL40s

I’ve never had a tank outlive its usefulness. I’ve only had tanks that I no longer needed due to changes in my diving. I’ve always been able to sell tanks that I no longer needed.

My inventory has bumped up just a little since 2020. I've added 3 and now have 10 total tanks. That should be good long-term. I added 2 Faber HP100s because there are times I'd like to have 6 HP100s for a weekend of diving without needing fills. In hindsight, I sold a set of Worthington HP100s that I should have turned into singles instead. Live and learn.

4 Worthington HP100 singles
2 Faber HP100 singles
2 AL80s
2 AL40s

2 AL 80’s
2 AL 40’s
2 HP120’s
4 LP85’s

I have a lot of catching up to do!

4x HP120's
2x AL 80's
1x AL 40
1x AL 19

Sounds to me like you have a set of Worth 108s doubled that you don't need anymore... along with some Luxfer AL6s... :wink:
I don't have any spare al6s, but I do have 5 or 6 sets of 104s/130s that will be available in July.

How many cylinders do you own? How big are they and what are they made of? And when do you decide a cylinder has outlived its usefulness?

It seems people the mainstream diving season is coming to a close here and a lot of people are selling their old scuba gear, throwing in one or more cylinders practically for free. While it's tempting to have more than one for extra dives or nitrox, I was wondering if there is some sort of common insight into how much is enough
4 alum 80s
Still going after 12 yrs
2 set up with twin valves for cold water redundancy

Too many. Quit counting at 35.

29 at last count.

The issue is different diving styles (sidemount, CCR) and differing diving profiles (shallow, deep). So end up with 3 twinsets for banking; loads of different bailout cylinders with different mixes for different depths; sidemount-specific cylinders; CCR cylinders (3 litre, 2 litre, different drysuit cylinders); and a few cylinders which should be sold on.

Most are out of test but are still used for bailouts or banking. Keep a few in test so I can get 'commercial' gas.

my wife and I dive.... we have....
2 sets Faber 100 hp doubles
4 Faber 100 hp singles
4 Luxfer AL 80 singles.

the ALs are going to be sold or traded for some AL 30s/40s. We never dive them since going to steels.

1686625398213.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom