• 121 - 150 mins

Votes: 63 15.4%
  • 151 - 180 mins

Votes: 25 6.1%
  • More than 180 mins

Votes: 52 12.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

~210 minutes, a course dive in Chikin Ha with doubles and stage, burnt the gas reserves doing exercises in OW.

Locally my longest deco dive is currently at 105 minutes, and it's not going to get longer until maybe next summer, even if I finish my suit heater soon - going much beyond 45 to 60mins of deco obligation during the winter turns suit leaks from nuisances into pretty serious events. And I've started to doubt if I really want to push things that far in mines anyway, since they're really not comparable to natural caves.

Wreck diving, I've set the limit pretty much to 80-90mins runtime, unless the surface conditions are really really optimal and predictable. I might have to review that risk/reward ratio next year, there are chances of getting access to some pretty much world-class unexplored stuff in the future. Will likely just decrease BT on deeper wrecks, though.

As far as warm-water single-tank stuff goes, most of the time I just don't see the point of stretching the dives beoynd an hour - if I'm on a liveaboard it's just easier to do more dives. Then again, if I have a camera and feel like on a roll the tanks never seem to last long enough. :D

//LN

Last edited:
104 mins... Max depth 98' of cold water. Multilevel dive, not requiring any deco, mostly spent in the 30-40' range. double 119's. Longest deco dive to date 50 min BT at 105' with 22 mins deco on 50% and 100%.

Open Circuit/Open water-120 minutes on an AL 80, 90' max depth, Kona.

Compressor/Aquarium-6 of the most boring hours of my life, 12' max depth, Connecticut.

Compressor/Aquarium-6 of the most boring hours of my life, 12' max depth, Connecticut.

120 min at 90' on an AL80, smells fishy to me:wink:

120 min at 90' on an AL80, smells fishy to me:wink:

Awww, quit being Grumpy. :wink:

90' max, likely that most of the dive was spent considerably shallower.

Max 90', average 18'?

I can't recall any dives over 90 minutes. After 75 my mind usually starts to wander towards lunch, dinner, and occasionally breakfast.

I could say, diving for 5 mins. or 120 mins. as long as meaningful thats fine!
Maybe we dive because we want to see new critters or to practice our diving skills.or we dive because this is our source of income.
Dont dive and stay long down there for no valuable reason!

Dive time : 155 mins
Max Depth : 21ft
Avg Depth : 12ft
Water temp : 66F
Tank : 10 litre

My 21st dive...57 min

It was in 44F water at an average depth of 23 ft in a dry suit with an AL80. Mind you, I didn't move too much as it was a dive with sea lions so we let them do all the swimming.

Back
Top Bottom