• 121 - 150 mins

Votes: 63 15.4%
  • 151 - 180 mins

Votes: 25 6.1%
  • More than 180 mins

Votes: 52 12.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I once did a "Table 6" dive for 5-1/2 hours ... :shocked2:

Longest in-water dive was a bit over 2 hours at Peacock (P3 to Challenge Sink and back). That was on double 104's.

Longest dive on a single rig was just shy of 2 hours at KBR in Lembeh Straits ... on an AL80. Average depth was something on the order of 10 feet ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

4 hours 50 minutes
Cave exploration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have needed food!!! Gees I'm starving after 2 hours.

I barely cracked 2 hours with ease on a single AL80...... The trick was Balmorhea springs is only 20' deep max, no current and toasty warm.

Almost two hours, fresh water, shallow, drift dive in a river doing training dives. I never surfaced but stayed on the bottom with the students while my friend who was the instructor performed emergency swimming ascents.

My dive buddy and I went 1.5hrs on steel 120's. They were pumped to 3400psi.
We did this on the east side of Cozumel with a depth of 40-60 feet.
We came up with just under 1000psi. Could have gone another 15 min at least.

172 minutes, single 12L/100cf tank.

Average depth was 16ft :wink:

240 minutes (per day) of saw tooth profile from 0' to 50' to 0' on new pilings at Pier T (the former U.S. Navy ship yard) in Long Beach. Had to stop for lunch and then switched out to tend from the boat. And no it was not a saturation dive, just surface supplied air. Work lasted about a month.

Longest scuba dive was in Maui off of Ka'anapali beach crusing around in 35' or less depth doing my SDI Solo Diver certification. Total time just a little over an hour.

I routinely get 3 to 3.5 hours on shore dives with double 80s when I stay shallow.
In August, when the water is warm I might take a stage or dive steels and get 4+ hours. It's amazing how quickly that time goes. Sometimes I'm ready to get out, but often I still want more time. When I first got cave certified, I used to take my double 104s with a cave fills and get a really long dive, but I only did that for one Summer. The tanks were just too heavy to walk down the beach.

Speaking of teeth... my buddy and I went to the Venice beachfest two years ago, and were the first in the water as the sun was coming up about 6 AM, swam out for an 1 and 20 minutes, figuring the boats were on the best spots, got 3.75 hours on the bottom looking for teeth, and by the time we got back to the beach almost missed the lunch. Unfortunately, there was some current coming back and we were exhausted and didn't stay long, but we got a lot of small teeth and had fun.

BTW, I'm always looking for dive buddies, but the list of divers willing to do long swims is fairly short...

Back
Top Bottom