How long have you been diving?

How long have you been diving?

• I am a Student or certified less than 1 year ago.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • 1-3 years

Votes: 23 11.8%
  • 3-5 years

Votes: 19 9.7%
  • 5-10 years

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • 10-20 years

Votes: 43 22.1%
  • 20-30 years

Votes: 26 13.3%
  • More than 30 years

Votes: 55 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It'll be 6 years for me in September. Can't say I ever imagined back then that I'd have to sign the paperwork for somebody else's certification on the 5th anniversary of getting my OW cert. Started diving in 2008, became an instructor in 2012.

I got certified in '05 age 51 when we retired to Nova Scotia. No reason to dive the cold dark lakes of Northern Manitoba all those years of my career, especially as a shell collector. Coming up on age 60, 9 years diving and after that 500 dives.

16 years of continuous diving, winter, spring, summer, fall. Wish I'd started sooner.

16 years of continuous diving, winter, spring, summer, fall. Wish I'd started sooner.
That's how we manage to rack up 500+ up North. I'll get #500 shortly before year 10. Slowly, the Canadian turtle gets there. When will you get to 6,000 dives....? (a course director I know here on the FL panhandle has 6,000 and she doesn't dive much or at all for 3 months here in "winter").

NAUI Openwater I Scuba Diver. October 1973.

8 years with 4 years of "lighter" diving schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 years, started before BC's, SPG's, single hose regulators, octos and a lot of other stuff was in common use or invented .

Back
Top Bottom