How long have you been diving?

How long have you been diving?

• I am a Student or certified less than 1 year ago.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • 1-3 years

Votes: 23 11.8%
  • 3-5 years

Votes: 19 9.7%
  • 5-10 years

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • 10-20 years

Votes: 43 22.1%
  • 20-30 years

Votes: 26 13.3%
  • More than 30 years

Votes: 55 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thirteen years the first time. Second time should start any day now. I quit diving the first time to spend more time with my wife and family after a few years of which my wife left and I just didn't have time to come back.

Now I've loaded a new version, Wife 2.0. It has a better operating system, it a more stable platform, requires less memory, and isn't as apt to seizing additional system resources. Not to mention it has a much friendlier interface. It also doesn't require constant upgrades.

DFB

long enough I learned on a horse collar, I learned buddy breathing skills, Navy tables, a PDC was "something rare and new" (after certification), and black was your only choice.... (wait, black is back?????).

Oh, and the regs I dive are in the "vintage" section.....

Was diving before there was PADI/NAUI/SSI/TDI/NACD/NSS-CDS/IANTD or any other 'Alphabet Soup' agency !!!!!!! ;-P

This spring it will be 44 years, with several off in the late 70's and 80's. Unlike many here on SB who live a lot nearer to warm waters I have not logged nearly as many dives as some with far fewer years "experience".

As rhwestfall mentioned our gear came in the same color selections as Henry Ford offered on his first cars.

From my YMCA check out dive in '70

Attachments

• File0001-2.JPG
    File0001-2.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 115
What does this poll really intend to evidence? Sure, I started diving 20 years ago, but didn't become a freak about until sometime later.

Back
Top Bottom