How is this for a cold water reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone heard of this brand before? I understand that it may not be a major brand but do regulators have to be recognized brands to be good and reliable? I am thinking of getting another reg for cold water diving and was looking for something cheap, sturdy and reliable instead of Ferrari or regs.

Thoughts?

Seac D-Synchro ICE Regulator Yoke @ Divers-Supply.com

These are very hard to beat for the price and come as a full set up for you, Welcome to UDM Aquatic Services The only way I know to beat this deal is to wait till HOG's Black Friday sale, it is well worth it if you can wait.

The seller is a member here and if you dont want to do the long hose I am sure he can set you up with whatever.

Does the low price mean inferior quality by any standard? Regulator is not a piece of gear that I would like to save money on if it does not deliver the same reliability ya know. If anyone has used Seac regs, Id love to hear from them too.

So which is better this or this? Is the first one over $100 better? In scuba there is not a high correlation between cost and quality.

For regulator, it is also important to look at how easy you can service them, avaibility of parts. You can pay very little for it now, a year down the road, if you can't service it, it is as good as paper weight. Or worse, something goes wrong on a dive vacation, you can't repair it, you will spend money on rental.

Does the low price mean inferior quality by any standard? Regulator is not a piece of gear that I would like to save money on if it does not deliver the same reliability ya know. If anyone has used Seac regs, Id love to hear from them too.

Well for quality here is just one of the MANY topics on this board that give it great reviews, http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/430578-hog-regulator-combo-get-something-better.html. Also you will need to buy another 2nd stage to go with the link you provided the combo comes with everything you need.

Back
Top Bottom