How girls can avoid being hit on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is really interesting about this is that, if a spouse cheats on their mate, what makes the person they are cheating with think they won't do the same thing to them if the cheater leaves the spouse.

Someone put it very eloquently once: mistresses, how can you be sure that he only cheats with you?

Someone put it very eloquently once: mistresses, how can you be sure that he only cheats with you?
Very true. I happen to know a serial cheater who never misses an opportunity to add another notch to her pantyhose. I have no idea why her husband puts up with it, but love is blind, I guess, or else she's a very good liar. No one tells the husband because being the messenger never is a good position to be put in.

Also a great way for guys to get girls to start talkng to them :d

Z...
So is having a cute little dog. Of course, you can't bring the dog on a dive boat.
:D

Last edited:
Just as long as the dog does not closely approximate a banana.

Yeah. But I meant to write "can't" instead of "can." :D

Very true. I happen to know a serial cheater who never misses an opportunity to add another notch to her pantyhose. I have no idea why her husband puts up with it, but love is blind, I guess, or else she's a very good liar. No one tells the husband because being the messenger never is a good position to be put in.

Maybe lying isn't the only thing she's good at. :rofl3:

I used to get hit on a lot back in the days when I had a "6 pack." "Now that it looks more like a full case, I'm out of luck.
Somehow I do not believe it, reading your posts, you seam like a cool guy to talk to. I have my "schnitzel tank" (how my German dive buddy calls it) myself and girls/ladies find me charming. My wife says it's not only the look that attracts people :)

Guys? Being nice without a motive? You don't get out much do ya!
:rofl3::rofl3:

Me and my fellow males are pigs, trust me, there is always a motive! Some of us just hide it better than others.:crafty:

lol yeah ya nailed it! lol um... truth there is ALWAYS "something" in the minds of men...

Seriously though: How she handles it could be key here. I for one rarely look "strangers" in the eye. The less eye contact the better when someone is trying to come on to you. Keep the conversation, if you want any, where you want it. There are ways to keep a person from wandering to uninvited waters. Definately do not respond to those things you are uncomfortable with with positive repsonses. I work in the customer service field... and there is always someone trying to make off colored remarks. Changing the subject.. giving brief discouraging repsonses....Stand up for yourself. Men are no different on a boat than they are anywhere else...

If your not comfortable with it, tell them. And yes state that you are just here to dive and not interested in extra activities during si! :wink: or if you cant do that...start talking about the bf you have (even if you don't have one! lol). "Gee would have been nice if Mike could have been here with me today... I rarely dive without him. (blah blah) lol
Might be a little underhanded but.. sometimes needed.

Anyways. I just pretty well ignore unwelcoming comments IF I get them.

...If your not comfortable with it, tell them.

Exactly!:D This what men want and many women never do. Just reading this thread bears that out.

Most of us men will respond appropriately when given direct and specific information. It may not change what we think, but will change how we (most of us) behave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom