How girls can avoid being hit on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have her wear a wedding ring of some kind. Guys could not hardly tell a glass one from a real one. So the confusion seems to be the posters above can not determine if this is a girl "friend" or a partner.

Although a great idea, most guys.......85% will be fooled but then there is that 05% that have the no strings idea going on. Then you have the last 10% who are tryn to make friends, but it comes out wrong. Either way I pretty sure if she just dives and says nothing people will think she is stuck up, but if she chats up a storm then they think she is getting hit on. Damed if you do damned if you don't. :confused:

There is an old song that this thread reminded me of and I can't get it out of my head now. Here are some of the lyrics.

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife.
If you want my personal point of view,
Get an ugly girl to marry you.

Divers are some of the most friendly people I know. Perhaps the striking up of a conversation is coming off to her as being hit on, since in most other arenas of life the guys don't open up as easily as they do on a boat. Tell her to just relax, enjoy the attention, and she calls the shots as to whether conversation turns into anything else. I have dive buddies that tried to be more than just buds initially, but now we're great friends because they realize I'm only interested in diving. No problem.....just communicate what you're looking for and what you're not interested in.

My girlfriend complains that she always gets hit on when she is going diving on a dive boat. She is not interested picking up guys, she just wants to go diving and minds her own business. Any suggestion?

is she really being hit on or are males being nice to her and she assumes they want to get into her reg-grundys???

i have a wonderful friend - a sweet girl who is pretty, outgoing and popular but for some reason, any guy (or i should say every guy) that is nice to her, she assumes they are interested in her. even if one of the guys says im getting a coffee do you want one - she assumes he is buttering her up to be asked out

if they are being inappropriate or saying inappropriate things that makes it dead obvious she is being hit on then i would take it up with the dive op

but maybe the guys are just being nice, firiendly and welcoming

cheers

My girlfriend complains that she always gets hit on when she is going diving on a dive boat. She is not interested picking up guys, she just wants to go diving and minds her own business. Any suggestion?

I'd 'be " hittin' "on YOU as well !! :)

OMG, I can't believe that song made it all the way across the Atlantic... :D
It is from a South African artist called "Dr Victor and the Rasta Rebels", and it is quite a catchy choon, and always puts a smile on face :D

There is an old song that this thread reminded me of and I can't get it out of my head now. Here are some of the lyrics.

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife.
If you want my personal point of view,
Get an ugly girl to marry you.

Bring a book, act like you are reading it. Or use the fish charts. I'd also wear a one piece swimming suit with a skirt (LOL). Most of the women on the boats I go on wear very small two pieces suits that don't cover much of anything.

And about the little girl in China....what a real shame and what a message to send little and BIG girls everywhere.

is she really being hit on or are males being nice to her and she assumes they want to get into her reg-grundys???
but maybe the guys are just being nice, firiendly and welcoming

Guys? Being nice without a motive? You don't get out much do ya!
:rofl3::rofl3:

Me and my fellow males are pigs, trust me, there is always a motive! Some of us just hide it better than others.:crafty:

Guys? Being nice without a motive? You don't get out much do ya!
:rofl3::rofl3:

Me and my fellow males are pigs, trust me, there is always a motive! Some of us just hide it better than others.:crafty:

actually i dont believe that

yes there are tossers everywhere but ive seen alot of nice guys on dives that are just nice guys. ive also done a trip with a guy that was a total sleezeball but it was so obvious you couldnt mistake it

i can think of 20 male divers that i met/dived with (not "friends" just casual dive buddies) - all very friendly and caring as dive buddies but there was nothing other than that and yes, i believe some woman would assume they were being hit on by these mens care and attention

cheers

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom