How do you pee in YOUR drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

could be temperature, your body will pull fluids to the core when your exposed to cold which tricks your body into thinking it needs to ditch fluids.

I can't imagine why someone *wouldn't* want a p-valve. If you don't have to pee, don't but if you do, you'll be happy you have it. They are cheap and easy to install and replace if the need ever arose. Relief zippers seem a waste of money. Now, if they made a rear dump relief zipper, I might be interested.

Brand0n:
why dont you pee before you dive....i dont understand why anyone would do the pee valve thing thats just foolish

If you are well hydrated for a decompression dive with a 70 minute runtime, and can hold it in for the duration of the dive, - then you are a better man than I:D

You are not the only one. All I have to do is put on my drysuit on and look at the water and I have an urge to pee.

Humu-out-of-Water:
I feel like a "lightweight" but It seems as soon as I go under I have to pee.

Yep, something about not being able to makes you instantly need to.

FIXXERVI6:
I don't understand why anyone would want anything OTHER than #1, even on the surface on cold days, just thow your leg over the side of the boat and do the deed, its fairly cheap, and who the hell wants to hold it for 2-3 hours when you don't have to? embrace technology people, get a pee valve! best money I ever spent.

I wonder if anyone has ever had a sex change JUST to be able to get a p-valve?

FIXXERVI6:
I think they have operations for that now, not sure it would be worth it just for the drysuit aspect tho.

No, I don't think so!! But I freely admit I have p-valve envy!

I use a p-valve...and I am certainly not a tech diver. Some advantages:

- I like to be well-hydrated before diving....no issues with p-valve regarding "holding it"
- Remote shore diving sites with no "cover" -- you can pee almost any time/anywhere you want....
- Cold winter diving days....no frostbite in inconvenient areas
- Long, multi-dive boat trip with mixed company on a boat with no head -- no worries
- Hands free

-Chris

Irene:
No, I don't think so!! But I freely admit I have p-valve envy!

Well the hospitals also have internal catheters for just such an instance. I was fitted with one when I made an involutary trip to the emergency room. Needless to say I'm glad I was unconscious when they fitted me with it. It was uncomfortable enough when they pulled it out. I'm sure you could get used to it and better yet - no glue. :)

Back
Top Bottom