How do you pee in YOUR drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brand0n:
why dont you pee before you dive....i dont understand why anyone would do the pee valve thing thats just foolish

Hey - just ask any of the girls who don't have the luxury of plumbing. I was at Vortex the other day and a cute girl was disrobing carefully from her dry suit underwear. I mentioned that a girl had told me how many times you can pee in a Depend without it leaking. To quote "Three times and I went four!"

So - ask the women if the valve is foolish!!

Brand0n:
why dont you pee before you dive....i dont understand why anyone would do the pee valve thing thats just foolish
Yes, yes... I recommend you don't get one...
Rick

Im going to Commercial Diving school right now i do over 2-3 hour bottem times .... i can hold it im sure you can

I guess I am getting older.. WHen I have to go I have to go. WHen I was younger I could hold it for hours. I am saving up for a drysuit. I am still deciding if I want a pee- valve. I spend hours standing in cool water between diving times. I use a 7mm now but it is so hard to get in and out of three days in a row. I am trying to learn about the drysuits. I did a DUI demonstration. It was cool.

Brand0n:
Im going to Commercial Diving school right now i do over 2-3 hour bottem times .... i can hold it im sure you can

No thanks. My bladder is the size of a peanut and a P-valve works nicely.

I did the "hold-it" thing for a few years, but finally got sick of coming up and having to bolt to the head/nearest tree and got sick of it. It's also not especially polite to pee on someone's lawn when shorediving.

#1, and its great cause I drink like a fish before and after diving, on one dive I may go hell, I dunno, 5 times maybe more as I usually tend to down a gatoraid right before I splash and thats enough to make me go a couple times right there, cold water, thats another time, then just bottom time, holding it for 2 - 3 hours eventually does damange to your body, and I really want to retain "that" function of my member for a long time.

I don't understand why anyone would want anything OTHER than #1, even on the surface on cold days, just thow your leg over the side of the boat and do the deed, its fairly cheap, and who the hell wants to hold it for 2-3 hours when you don't have to? embrace technology people, get a pee valve! best money I ever spent.

What do you recommend for those doing extremely long dives? 2-3 hours is less than the norm for many divers. It sounds like you don't hydrate enough prior to the dive. What if additional hydration is necessary during a long dive?

Pee Valves Rock !

Brand0n:

Ok... I'm looking into a drysuit, but just for rec. purposes... I feel like a "lightweight" but It seems as soon as I go under I have to pee. Does the pressure do something to the bladder to make you need to pee? btw I have "interior plumbing":05:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom