How do you mark your gear for identification purposes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

with the cheeze whiz...you could always buy a dremel and carefully engrave the back of things, tanks, etc. Guaranteed not to fade...but not full-proof...or do i mean idiot-proof!!

when they first invented pink dive gear I did a test at a dive shop.

we bought pink lights, and fins
and we bought blue of the same.

One year later we had all the pink stuff and none of the blue stuff

Pink is the anti theft device for scuba gear

I went on a trip where 80% had almost identical dive bags so I put bright green pieces of tread on all the zippers. Later I also found two key rings with bright green flippers on and put on each on the main zipper handles. Now I can spot my bag with a quich glance.

What the heck is a paint pen? How do you say that in korean? lol

Uh.. You're joking about using a dremel tool on a dive tank, right? That could get downright scary... :bonk:

I use a paint pen on most stuff, but I can't seem to get it to last on my biofins for more than a week of diving or so. Any suggestions for a more lasting solution? Or have I just been using cheap paint pens?

Cheers,
Atticus

Dremel away. Keep the markings to the top of the tank above the side walls, near where you see all those stampings in the neck. Just don't dig too deep of a hole and STAY AWAY FROM THE SIDEWALLS. Of course, I'd still suggest a paint pen, instead.

As far as the paint coming off of your biofins in such a short time, you might want to try liquid latex. It's available at Home Depot and similar places and is used to recoat tool handles. Tough, thick, lots of pretty colors.

Welcome to the board.

Steven

AquaTec once bubbled...
Pink is the anti theft device for scuba gear

Some may laugh, but there is a LDS here called Scuba Network that only rents out pink tanks. They say since they been doing it thefts and loss are almost non existant now. :)

Marc :jester:

Sounds like a great system! (pink equipment).

Reelraf - thanks for the suggestion and the welcome.

--Atticus

Hmmm you might have something with the pink thing I wonder if I should paint all our fruit bins pink growers "lose" a ton of em every year :)

Mo2vation once bubbled...
...Diving on a trip from my LSD - we all had the same gear! Same fins, same masks, same bags, same booties, etc.

They weren't all the same gear, it was just part of the acid trip! J/K :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom