How do you ID your gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use differnet colored tie-wraps where available - for other gear I use an engraver with my DL # - anything else I go to hobby lobby and buy the paint that can be used on t-shirts - it comes in a small bottle - tons of high vis colors and a pointed tip for easy writing and it doesn't come off as easily as a regular paint pen does - especially in salt water. thats my 2cents worth.

Journey On,
Scubacoots3

met an old salt today who has on his tanks... "if you are not a hemroid then get off my @$$" He said it works wonders to keep newbies in line and no one will mess with his tanks. I asked him if anyone ever tried to take anything of his and he said just once. He said smaking someone on the back of their hand with the flat side of a dive knife sets a point rather deep.

Paint pens. Testors makes a great selection of colored pens. Especially white which is great for black belongings. Name and phone.

Paint pens have been the best for us. Get an assortment of colors to make the most of contrasts. Phone number with area code give a good Samaritan the best shot of getting something back to us, at least while state side.

Pete

Paint pens, sharpie, "ID-my-gear" paint, and spray paint. All used on various gear pieces. Engraved initials on all reels, spools, and other metal or plastics.

Just a thought. How about on rubber and hard plastic carve in name or brand it in then fill the space with the paint pens. I know that i've branded leather gear before in the same fashion.

I once went into a dive shop looking for such a marking device. When the salesman asked if they could help me, I said "uhh yeah...I'm looking for like...an underwater writing pen..."

His reply: "a pencil?"

ahh...I'm an idiot... I mean a paint marker...for marking my gear.

Paint pen, sharpie, or reflective "sticky" with my initials depending on the gear. My DS is not labelled but the considerable amount of duct tape IDs it as mine.

Initials with glow in the dark paint pen. Great for night dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom