How do you ID your gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scarefaceDM:
paint pen. sharpy and a warning sign
« WARNING YOU WILL BE BEATEN WITH MY SNORKEL »

You actually admit to carring a snorkel!!:confused:

I did find that a silver paint marker might not be your best chioce. On some times that I have marked it works. My fins, didn't work it smeared for months after.

metallic sharpies, markers that can write on any surface and don't come off...even skin. I have used dog tags but always solder them shut. New divers don't know their rental gear from others ... be watchful.

I use a paint pen and my handy dandy new submersible certification cards from PADI.

I use a black sharpie on light colored items and a metallic silver one on dark colored items. Even works on neoprene.

captain:
My gear is so old no one would want it.

Yeah, but what if someone throws it away because they thought it was abandoned? :D

Hell no..it is in my dive bag...the only use I have for it...:eyebrow:

crpntr133:
You actually admit to carring a snorkel!!:confused:

I did find that a silver paint marker might not be your best chioce. On some times that I have marked it works. My fins, didn't work it smeared for months after.

I use colored plastic electrical tape. One color for me and another for my SO.

Back
Top Bottom