How do you ID your gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I write on my gear (mainly paint pens and sharpies). Some I tag, too. My computer and compass are also in bright pink wrist boots, and believe me, *nobody* on the boat can accidentally walk away with them. :D

My gear is so old no one would want it.

I often dive on boats in Kihei where the boat starts off on a trailer in the parking lot and you hand up gear to them to setup. The last time I took off the corrugated inflator hose I replaced the tie wraps with colored ones. It makes spotting my BCD very easy.

captain:
My gear is so old no one would want it.

I prefer the term "experienced". I've had boat captains and DM's that were going around asking divers' for experience levels look at my wet suit as I was pulling it out of bag and say "He's ok!".

On my fins, I wrote my wifes and my initials with a hot soldering gun to melt them into the rubber sole.

That keeps our own gear seperated, and when there is a big pile of fins in the back of the boat you know which ones are yours.

GOBUCKEYES:
I'm sure this has been talked about many times.But how do you tag your gear? I was thinking about using a dog tag with name and add. phone# e mail.
Dog Tags work well, they make your gear easy spot. I have them on both my Reg and my BC. The only problem is that if some one wants to take you stuff, they can just pull them off. Another good way to ID you gear is with a paint pen.

I haven't marked anything, but it hasn't been a problem so far.

I have yet to dive with anyone else who has any one of the following:

'70's era Ocean Dynamics plastic backPACK and wing.

'Performance' brand wetsuit w/ neon green accent panels

A large, neon pink, blunt-tipped, knife. (The knife had the blade I wanted, is high vis, and the pawn shop wanted to get rid of it. I'm secure in my manliness. But I feel the need to explain????)

USD CompPro fins

ScubaPro MK15 first stage with a mix of ScubaPro and USD seconds hanging off of it

oh, and by the way, I prefer the term "eclectic" over "collection of cheap and obsolete crap."

My work gear is so worn (but well maintained :wink: )...everyone knows it's mine....(I'm always on the same boats)

paint pen. sharpy and a warning sign
« WARNING YOU WILL BE BEATEN WITH MY SNORKEL »

Paint markers are the weapon of choice. The can be purchased at any artist's supply store. Available in different colors, but I tend to use black or white.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom