How do you finance your Addiction??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Main income is from selling area rugs, work for a volunteer fire dept, as I take the paramedic course, then Ill get a job as a full-time Firefighter/Paramedic...It's funny though no matter how much money I make I never seem to have enough to buy all the gear I want. Funny how that works.

Which addiction? SCUBA diving or beautiful women? The first is easy... my LDS is fantastic and let's me dive their boat for free in exchange for providing their customers with marine biology information. If you've seen my wetsuits, you know I only buy one every 600 dives or so.

As for the second... also easy. I never meet any that are single. If I did, I'm hoping she'd be like Captain CaveMan's.

Consulting in telecom industry pays the big bills. I can finance most of my diving and gear purchaces now by teaching PADI and SSI scuba, CPR/FA, DAN O2, PSI VIPs. I get a nice price break from my shop when I need new gear also. Tank fills are free. I pay wholesale for gear maintenance. Most of my trips are free.

Wow, teaching scuba really does pay off!

I sell retirement plans for a payroll company and play in a band. Kinda hoping I get laid off so I can take a year off and DM somewhere exotic. lol

You could do like some of those guys do down in the Bahamas area. Attach those 50gal drums of hash to the bottom of ships as they sit in the harbor.

You could do like some of those guys do down in the Bahamas area. Attach those 50gal drums of hash to the bottom of ships as they sit in the harbor.:eyebrow:

radio communications engineer.

I've been fortunate that I fly to FL on business about 1x/month. I take an extra day for me and do my dives. saves a bundle on airfare!!! per diem has financed my AOW classes and the last trip afforded me a new AL80 :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom