How do you attach your octopus to your bc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use the Dive Rite clip referenced above; 99% of all divers clip the octo to their right chest area. Ignore the "necklace" system unless you want to make a major change in your dive profile and equipment. The necklace system comes from the necessities of cave diving and can be used in non-technical or open water, but there it is not any better, or worse, a system than another.

It would seem that if the originator of the thread was was using an Air2 then he would not be asking how to attach the backup to his bcd...

Adobo:
Is the bungee thing also implying that you have to go to a long hose?
Yes or at least a 48' with a swivel.

Adobo:
If a diver is using a standard second stage with the hose that comes with it out of the box and the diver has an AIR2 type of backup, he would donate his primary reg in an OOG scenario, correct? So it seems that donating a primary reg even with a "normal" length hose is not so uncommon. As far as I know, there is no reason not to do it this way regardless of the way your primary second stage is set up.
The issue that you have here is that a 22" hose amazingly short for an OOA situation. The standard configuration for a primary and an octo is to have the octo on a 36" hose. This gives you breathing room so to speak.

Now back to the topic...

Torgo:
Air-2 for sure
Just curious, how many OOAs have you done with the Air -2?

The Kraken:
Bungiing (if there is such a word) around the neck is great, and that's what I do, but the author of the thread asked:

"How to attach it to the B/C"

Let's answer the question first, and then offer alternatives, if the interrogator is interested is alternatives.

the K
Bravo Zulu.

Taxgeek:
the kind with webbing straps and a stretchy elastic band that goes around the throat of the octo mouthpiece [...] come off for me on a regular dive.

You're talking about the Dive Rite Express octo holder that some other folks have mentioned (see below), right?

If so, how does it come off?

If you just slip it over the wide part of the mouthpiece, then yes it does come off too easily.

But if you get the bungee up past the mouthpiece zip tie, I've found that it works very, very well. The locking lug of the zip tie serves as a retainer, and the octo pulls free very easily when needed.

--Marek

For me the best one so far it uses two magnets
when it comes loose just hold it close and it will
reattache:D

300bar diver:
For me the best one so far it uses two magnets
when it comes loose just hold it close and it will
reattache:D
This system I like, simple, easy to deal with in gloves - where did you get it?

I use the holder that the mouth piece fits into. However I did go to a stiffer mouthpiece as the stock one on my swivel octo was soft and would occaisionally fall out.

Darnold9999:
This system I like, simple, easy to deal with in gloves - where did you get it?

This does work even with my drysuit cloves.Overhere in the Netherlands they are widedly avaleble,i`ve seen them on Bonaire so they are avaleble at your site of the planet.maybe Larry from scubatoys can help you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom