Attaching a torch/flashlight to your BCD so you can use it but not drop it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So if you have light(s) clipped to chest drings and your chest is close to your head where your eyes are

So why unclip them or carry them anywhere else
For the same reason my mum pulls my arms all the way through the sleeves of my jumper

Anything clipped to a retractor that doesn't have a secondary attachment point or doesn't live inside a pocket is subject to loss. Consider clipping the light to a high strength retractor that locks the gear in one position (usually fully retracted). I alternate between camera and torch and the convenience is worth the possible loss due to retractor failing.

The retractor is "hardwired" behind my right BCD pocket using a plastic square that screws to the back of the retractor so no extra dangling.

I keep a 3 1/2" rubber gasket around my wrist and bolt snap lights, cameras, compass, etc to it depending on my needs. I bought like 100 of them from McMaster Carr years ago and keep a few in my boat bag just in case. I've been known to recycle my wife's stretched out hair bands, too.

A diver's life all about the bolt-snaps. No small number of us here might even say we have a problem with collecting bolt snaps.

Piranha is currently making the "upgraded style" of bolt-snaps at a much more reasonable price than the XDeeps.

Back
Top Bottom