How do you attach your octopus to your bc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taxgeek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have now tried two different Octo tethers, and neither stays put. The first is the little plastic dealie that the mouthpiece of the octo fits snugly into. The second is the kind with webbing straps and a stretchy elastic band that goes around the throat of the octo mouthpiece. Both come off for me on a regular dive.

Has anybody found a system that actually stays put?
Thanks!
Taxgeek

I've searched the forums, but couldn't find a thread - if there already is one, I'd love a link.

Put it on a necklace around your neck.(do a search on DIR necklace)
Works great,and if you need it you can even get to it without using your hands.

utdivermatt:
I use one of those plastic '8' snorkel holders... works pretty well
How exactly are you attaching this? and how does it come loose when needed?

bperrybap:
How exactly are you attaching this? and how does it come loose when needed?
SnorkleRegHolder.gif

Put the snorkle keeper through a D-ring, and thread one end of it through the other. This will hold the keeper in place. Put the mouthpiece of the octo through the free end, and it'll hold it securely. You'll be able to pull it out easily with a quick tug when you need it.

Bungiing (if there is such a word) around the neck is great, and that's what I do, but the author of the thread asked:

"How to attach it to the B/C"

Let's answer the question first, and then offer alternatives, if the interrogator is interested is alternatives.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom