How do you all mark your transmitters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwflyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
(First in what will probably be a series of dumb noob questions...)

I just ordered a new Perdix AI for my wife (Merry Christmas, dear). I expect I will be picking up one for myself soon after (very sneaky there, eh?). These will be our first AI computers, so we're new to having transmitters too. One way or another, we tend to mark most of our gear (color coded) so we can tell them apart from each others' and also so it doesn't get mixed up with anyone else's on a boat.

The transmitters look pretty generic - and with the increasing popularity of AI transmitters, I bet these are going to continue to proliferate. I would hate to lose one to a mixup, and at a minimum I'll want to keep mine sorted out from my wife's (who is also my dive buddy).

Any practical advice for marking these, keeping transmitters sorted out, and not lost to other divers?

Thanks!

Sharpie metallic silver lasts a long time, especially if in a place that doesn't get constant wear.

Mako sells the Trident paints. A simple dot on the transmitter and another on the band of the Perdix makes it easy for us to know quickly which sets go together, including spare transmitters. Wife's are yellow, mine are red. Also created custom graphics for the Perdix startup screens with our names and the default transmitter number.

For us, with everything currently the same, the necklace in matching red/yellow bungee cord made the rest of the package easy to ID too. If you don't use the regular Perdix straps, just use the colored bungee cord.

Nail polish. One dot on T1, two dots T2.

One should not really use nail polish on plastics as many contain solvents that will damage the plastic. Instead, use acrylic model paint like that made by Testors.

That said nail polish on metal works great.

These stickers are wonderful. The only place I've found where they do not stick is on the tops of my swim fins....to much bending there. I have them on regs, reeels, cameras, lights, pretty much everything .

One should not really use nail polish on plastics as many contain solvents that will damage the plastic. Instead, use acrylic model paint like that made by Testors.

That said nail polish on metal works great.

Thanks for the notification. For now, my transmitters are still holding, but I'll remember for next time!

I just ordered a new Perdix AI for my wife (Merry Christmas, dear). I expect I will be picking up one for myself soon after (very sneaky there, eh?).

Good plan!:wink:

She (and you eventually) will be very happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom