How do I get certified to rebuild Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are the requirements to become a licensed retailer for Atomic?

While I can't speak for Atomic in particular, the requirements for many other brands of diving products are typically:
1) retail store front with regular business hours
2) territory limitation, can't be within the contractually established territory of a nearby store carrying the same gear. Sizes of these vary widely across regions and brands
3) Minimum annual purchase commitment, usually around $10,000 for a major brand. Often there are additional minimums by product line to "encourage" dealers to carry and sell the name-brand accessories
4) requirement to be a full-service dive shop offering training, gear, air fills, service, etc., usually including a requirement to have people certified in various areas, not just regulator service but also instructors, VIP inspectors, etc.
5) Must agree to various limitations on how goods are sold. Typically no internet sales, no mail order sales, minimum advertised price and minimum sale price restrictions, and no retail sales of parts
6) mutual confidentiality provisions on the agreement itself, sales volumes, margins
7) in many cases a restriction of some kind on what competing lines can be carried

Some brands have various classes of dealers with varying obligations: international dealer, internet dealer, instructor selling only to students, etc.

Hope this helps.

Maybe an option could be a Regional Repair shop or something, that is focused on Just Rebuilds and not trying to push sells on the customers. Guys that are just masters of their trade. Just a thought.

There are few good service centers in the US that service Atomic regulators with very good reputation you can send your Atomic (or any other brand) regulators to for servicing. You can also send it to Atomic for service as well. Sending to Atomic is expensive but you will be assured of top quality service (I have used it once before).

I understand this, very much so. I also understand and respect that it helps the Local LDS with a reoccurring revue, much needed for land locked shops.

Sadly my LDS, is not a good shop. Beyond the many issues they have, when I did have them rebuild my last Reg. it took over 5 weeks to complete. This was an old B2 1st Stage and a Ti2 Octo. The tech had no idea of the upgrade kit and did not report to me that the hose was bad. Another shop in our area ships them out to another shop, and those guys are average at best.

Maybe an option could be a Regional Repair shop or something, that is focused on Just Rebuilds and not trying to push sells on the customers. Guys that are just masters of their trade. Just a thought.
We are sorry you had such a bad experience. Any chance you can send us a private message with the LDS info? And your idea of a regional repair shop gives us some good food for thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom