How did you convince YOUR spouse to start diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O M G!!!! thats the single funniest UW vid i've ever seen! I love it!

couple of points though

...2 guys dancing...not so sure
...this is advanced diving, idc what anyone thinks- see the guy clear his mask and keep time?
...what happens when the tank comes out of the strap that is "swinging" in the "wind"? lol
...may wanna strap that baby down.

My learning how to scuba dive was all her fault in the first place ... she bought me scuba lessons for my birthday. So three months later, when she realized that if she wanted to see me on the week-ends, she was going to have to be spending time down at the local dive site, she figured she might as well get certified too.

She did, as a prerequisite, inform me that she would need an underwater camera ... and a drysuit ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sigh. I know it, I know it....I am just stupid aren't I? I guess I hate my children too for allowing them to dive. I mean, what WAS I thinking? I think we are going to trade in our gear and get sewing lessons instead. Have to figure out what to do with the sharp needles though...

Careful with the sewing lessons. My wife does machine embroidery for her hobby. I used to think scuba was expensive, but damn! Her embroidery machine cost 8 grand! Then there's the threads and stabilizers and needles and designs.

On the other hand, she didn't even flinch when I bought my UEMIS Zurich a couple of months ago:D

Ron

Be careful what you ask for.

Although not married my boyfriend and I are both rebreather divers and it is slowly taking over the house. The hall closet is full of different thicknesses of wetsuits and drysuits, the garage is full of sorb and bailout bottles, the backyard a rinse station and I am currently trying to convince him to convert the dining room to a build room for the RB's. I mean sit down dinners are really over rated anyway :D

It took 17 years for my wife to get interested. She told me she had no interest in diving, ever, early on. So for years most of my diving was in puddles, quarries and our pool.

Out of the blue when our youngest was singing up for class my wife decided to do the class with the kids.

She was OK with the quarry, but became really enthused the first time we went tot he Keys. So now she looks forward to our trips.

The kids' interest did the trick

Careful with the sewing lessons. My wife does machine embroidery for her hobby. I used to think scuba was expensive, but damn! Her embroidery machine cost 8 grand! Then there's the threads and stabilizers and needles and designs.

On the other hand, she didn't even flinch when I bought my UEMIS Zurich a couple of months ago:D

Ron

LOL I feel your pain, brotha. But my wife does embroidery AND dives. 2 embroidery machines, a laptop to run the primary, a basic sewing machine so she can leave her embroideries set up, sewing tables, a surger.....

OMG im going out right now and buying a rebreather!:D

OK. So you have gotten some pretty good advice on here and while it's good advice, it just may not be working. So why not try a little more forcefull approach. What have you got to lose? Right? So when you have a quiet moment together maybe say something like this:

"Hey bitch. (Some women just love it when you call them that) I'm tired of trying to get you to try scuba. So now I'm telling you. Get your fat ass off the couch and go down to the dive shop and get certified! Don't make me have to tell you twice."

That may just be the eye opener she needs. And speaking of eye openers, after a few days yours will begin to open as well. :D

She definitely prefers to sew. With the cost of her sewing room and sewing equipment and sewing magazines and sewing thread and personalized sewing license plate, it has been pretty easy to purchase scuba gear! I guess that's a plus. :D

We will be in Coz soon and I will not say a word about diving to her. Just let her snorkel some more and try to bring up pictures of the cool things she is missing while on the surface. Based on some of what some of you are saying about 17 and 20 years wait, I have a little while to wait before she starts wearing down....

I introduced her to diving by having her try a SNUBA dive in Hawaii. She's been loving it ever since.

She definitely prefers to sew. With the cost of her sewing room and sewing equipment and sewing magazines and sewing thread and personalized sewing license plate, it has been pretty easy to purchase scuba gear! I guess that's a plus. :D

We will be in Coz soon and I will not say a word about diving to her. Just let her snorkel some more and try to bring up pictures of the cool things she is missing while on the surface. Based on some of what some of you are saying about 17 and 20 years wait, I have a little while to wait before she starts wearing down....

Or you could mention all the 20 & 30 something babes in string bikinis on all the dive boats. She'll either take up scuba real quick or ban you outright. Either way no 20 year wait!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom