How did Santa treat you for Christmas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got nothing and liked it.

Liked it quite a lot, actually. We don't do presents... we spend on travel instead. Maybe this response belongs in the 'how do you afford this sport' section.

My GF and i did the same. Took a 9 day trip to Cozumel and agreed to not get each other anything else (she totally reneged on the deal and got me something anyway. she's a jerk.)

While we were there we got to meet the "Official" Santa of the island and dive with him. He's been dressing up and going downtown every year to say hi to the kids (in extremely broken spanish) and hand out candy canes for 20+ years.

It was like everyone I know ran down the Leisurepro, scubatoys and scuba.com "Christmas ideas" web pages and got me everything under $20 (with a few larger exceptions).
And an R/C helicopter which I promptly crashed into the wall and shattered (repair parts on the way)... Now, if I get a trowel for my birthday tomorrow I can fix the hole in the wall!

After two hours at the mall last week convincing Santa to take me off the "bad" list, he came through with a new dive boat on 12/20. The note stated that it didn't fit in his sleigh so he had to acquire a used one locally which was OK by me..

He found a Tiara 3100 with full tuna tower and upper helm but no dive tank racks - I'll put those on the list for the New Years Eve bunny... :wink:

bdrannik, great boat. Congrats. A close friend of mine had one exactly like it. A bit tender on rough open seas but a very very stable platform not too sensitive to weight distribution.

Santa is sending me to Key Largo for 4 days of diving next week!

You gotta believe! :sleigh:

Santa treated me very well this year (apparently his list is not up to date :D). The highlight for me for gifts is the PADI Underwater Photography course. I am looking forward to a warmer season so I can do this.

But I thought I was good so I treated myself to a gift. A brand new Canon Rebel EOS XSi DSLR with 18-55 and 75-300 lenses. I need to learn how to use it before I switch from my Nikon P&S underwater system to one for this camera. Plus I have been "told nicely" that there is no room for cameras in 2009 :(. But I like my new toy.

Back
Top Bottom