How did I become an addict?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right now we have the SB Addict title for 2,500 posts but who has an idea for what to say at 5,000?

Tech Admin:
Right now we have the SB Addict title for 2,500 posts but who has an idea for what to say at 5,000?
"Hopeless"?

drbill:
I see that I am now officially categorized as a SB Addict. I'm not sure when the medical professionals (Net Doc?) on this board realized I had the disease, so I'm not sure how long everyone has been aware of this. Gulp... I thought I kept it well hidden.

Now that I've had an official diagnosis, I have a few questions:

1. Is there a local chapter of SB Addicts Anonymous here on Catalina?

2. Do I have to list this addiction when I apply for my next Top Secret security clearance?

3. Is there a cure other than actually diving (the sun is finally shining after several days of rain)?

4. How do I get in touch with other addicts so we can share our pain (especially if they are of the female persuasion)?

5. Can I operate a motor vehicle or boat while under the influence of this addiction?

:rofl:

Very good subject. I have it and it is getting worse. Starting tomorrow, only can look every other day~ Tonight, I am trying to set up the laptop on the treadmill.

NetDoc:
Once you hit 2,500 posts, you have clearly PROVEN you are an addict. The only cure is to keep reading and posting! :Dr Bill, your support group can be found in one of the Californian Clubs that inhabit our beloved Board. Frequent them often!
takes 2,500 to prove it? hmmmmm... my wife would argue otherwise... she already calls SB my "mistress"

ok, so i check it in the morning before leaving for work, at work and at home before hitting the sack... it doesn't mean i love her any less does it???

Jag

Tech Admin:
We need to look at posts per day. Did a member post 500 messages in 5 years or in 6 months?

^^^ hmm... that means I've a lot of catching up to do! damn studying for exams!

NetDoc:
Once you hit 2,500 posts, you have clearly PROVEN you are an addict. The only cure is to keep reading and posting!

Hmmm, I guess I got addicted quite a while back since my post count is approaching 4,000. Did I not notice my own addiction back then?

As for the "Dr" part, I'm not THAT kind of doctor. If I were, I could afford a LOT more SCUBA trips. I'm the perpetually impoverished type, a kelp forest ecologist. You know, Piled Higher and Deeper.

catherine96821:
Very good subject. I have it and it is getting worse. Starting tomorrow, only can look every other day~ Tonight, I am trying to set up the laptop on the treadmill.

I once thought about hooking up my TV to a treadmill or exercycle operated generator. That way I could only watch the news if I worked out. I thought about the laptop (actually had one of the first back in the 80's, an Epson Geneva CP/M version), but realized the sweat would ruin the keyboard.

Funny. I can change my badge to Guide or Supporting Member, but to be a SB Addict I have to be a Single Diver or a Solo Diver.

Back
Top Bottom