How did I become an addict?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I see that I am now officially categorized as a SB Addict. I'm not sure when the medical professionals (Net Doc?) on this board realized I had the disease, so I'm not sure how long everyone has been aware of this. Gulp... I thought I kept it well hidden.

Now that I've had an official diagnosis, I have a few questions:

1. Is there a local chapter of SB Addicts Anonymous here on Catalina?

2. Do I have to list this addiction when I apply for my next Top Secret security clearance?

3. Is there a cure other than actually diving (the sun is finally shining after several days of rain)?

4. How do I get in touch with other addicts so we can share our pain (especially if they are of the female persuasion)?

5. Can I operate a motor vehicle or boat while under the influence of this addiction?

What are the symptoms of this addiction?
How is one diagnosed with it? :06:

subaquaman:
What are the symptoms of this addiction?...

One symptom is this

badges_addict.gif

appearing below your name...!

(Cool!)

Ah yes... but what causes it to appear? :06:

I'm not entirely sure how I got here, but am certain there is an explanation somewhere on the site. I'm just worried about what it may mean in the future. Do I have to meet a dive buddy who is also an addict? I hope it is possible for her to be addicted but also intelligent (attractive wouldn't hurt either).

I don't know how to cure you but you can trade one addiction for another.....but then again you will just suffer twice as bad and twice as much $$. They seem to both cost as much as the other in the end.......

......golf....my other horrible addiction.

Hey wait a minute. Since you are "Dr" Bill. You should be giving advice to us on addictions!!!

I think it may have something to do with your # of posts. If you look at the 'status' indicator below my avatar, you will see several stars. The 'status indicator on yours no longer has stars but has the 'SB Addict' icon now.

(Just adding another post to my count!)

Once you hit 2,500 posts, you have clearly PROVEN you are an addict. The only cure is to keep reading and posting! :Dr Bill, your support group can be found in one of the Californian Clubs that inhabit our beloved Board. Frequent them often!

Back
Top Bottom