Hotel Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coconutgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a place to stay in Cozumel. I came across the Hotel Cozumel and was wondering if any of you have stayed there and if you liked it. If you like another place better, please let me know. I am going during high season so it gets a bit spendy if you aren't careful, I have found.
Thanks,
Coconut Girl

coconutgirl:
I am looking for a place to stay in Cozumel. I came across the Hotel Cozumel and was wondering if any of you have stayed there and if you liked it. If you like another place better, please let me know. I am going during high season so it gets a bit spendy if you aren't careful, I have found.
Thanks,
Coconut Girl

Stayed at Scuba Club in Feb 2005. Nice facilities, great divemasters, good food...

We've stayed at Hotel Cozumel twice. It was pretty nice. Not the super-luxury resort like some on the south end, but nice. The food in the restaurant is just so-so, but it's close enough to town that you don't need to eat on-site. We didn't dive with the dive-op on the premises, so I can't help you there.
Disclaimer: this is the only place we've stayed on Coz, so I have no basis for comparison.

Deborah

I've stayed at the facility a couple times, first when it was Brisas and again as Hotel Cozumel. The first time the food was barely adequate. The second time it was quite a bit worse. Otherwise, the hotel and dive op were good. Don't get me wrong. You don't have to starve, and you probably won't get sick if you are a little careful; but you shouldn't have to worry about gaining weight. If you are into equestrian things, you may want to avoid the burgers.

coconutgirl:
Thanks,
Coconut Girl
You may want to try posting this question in the Cozumel forum, you'll get much more feedback there..
See if a moderator will move this thread for you.

We stayed there last November. The room was adequate. The on-site dive shop, Dive Paradise, had some good divemasters and was easy to work with and very convenient. The food was OK, nothing outstanding. They did have a good breakfast buffet, however. You can easily walk to town from the hotel. We just rented a car one day to tour the island. If you get a chance, go to Coconuts for an afternoon drink. Great view. And La Mission for dinner.

Ihave stayed at the Hotel Cozumel about 7 times and will be back November 8-16. The rooms are fine, the pool is wonderful, Dive Paradise service was excellent and unlike the others who complained about the food, I found it not bad, breakfeast was good, lunch fair and supper off the new menu was good. I would certainly recommend it to you. They have lockers for your gear(ask for a locker key when you check in). The Professor !

coconutgirl:
Thanks,
Coconut Girl

Stayed there twice, once when it was the Costa Club and once when it was Hotel Las Bresas, and found it to be very adequate. The food was ok to good, nothing spectacular but really ok. Breakfast was ample and fine. Rooms were nice and were quiet. The pool is great. The dive op is good for the newer diver, since it's right at the hotel and they offer lockers. I would not dive with Dive Paradise again, the hotel dive op, because I have a lot more experience now and want to get to the better dive sites quicker, their boats are slow, and dive my own profile. All in all you can not go wrong with the hotel, great value, or dive op, good value, if you are sort of new to diving. You'll have a good time there.

You might want to hold off on a hotel choice until Wilma has passed by and you know what effect (hopefully none!) she has.

CJ

dive paradise does have big cattle boats but when we used them a few years ago they also offered fast six-packs for "experienced divers" - that's more than 50 dives per their definition.

Back
Top Bottom