Hotel Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhartman5:
Question Has anyone heard about the island storm damage yet? I am leaving to go for a week Jan 28 Good luck Diving Diva

There is a plethora of information on the storm damage and various operators, hotels etc. in this forum. I think that's about all that has been discussed here since Wilma.

daledallas:
Is the Coz Palace open or when might it open. I had 3 rooms booked for Nov 25-28. Flights not going now anyway.

Not sure where I heard it, on this board somewhere?, but they might not open till March or April. Don't know how accurate that is.

santafecelia:
We had a trip booked Dec. 18 - 25 and found out on Fri through the booking agent that Hotel Cozumel and Dive Paradise were "inoperable" for at least 3 months, but the people are all OK.
This report is incorrect, Hotel Cozumel had minor damage and is scheduled to open Nov 15th. Dive paradise originally was scheduled to be down for 3 months but reevaluated and will also be up and running Nov 15th.
Diane

My brother and I stay at the La Bahia, right off the main street two blocks from the square. We use Al Dora Dive Shop to dive with. There pier is one block from the hotel. Al Dora will keep your gear, and all you have to do is walk to the pier where they will pick up in their dive boat. They limit it to 6 divers per trip, so it's not like a cattle boat. If you dive with them Luis is really a good divemaster...always cheerful and helpful. Rooms at the La Bahia are plain, but only run around $55/night. No resturant there either, but there are plenty on the main square. Regards,

I have stayed there with my son about 3 years ago. The room was fine for us, and I enjoyed being close enough to town to walk to eat. I went looking around and found the tennis court. The manager was checking the court condition out and asked if I wanted to play him in a friendly game. He loaned me a racket and I enjoyed the competition (he beat me like a drum, but bought me a beer). The staff were efficient and helpful.

dnhill

Back
Top Bottom