Hotel Cozumel question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love2fishfork

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been to Coz many times and usually stay at the Barracuda or El Cantil. I like being close to town and eating meals in town (not at an AI). Our next trip is during Carnival and the trip organizer has changed it to Hotel Cozumel!

I enjoy being on the ocean. Is it a problem being on the other side of the road from the ocean? Is it a long walk to carry your gear to the pier? How far is Hotel Cozumel from the Barracuda?

I haven't stayed there in a while but there used to be a tunnel went from the hotel to the pier and was great for getting under and across the road.

I have been to Coz many times and usually stay at the Barracuda or El Cantil. I like being close to town and eating meals in town (not at an AI). Our next trip is during Carnival and the trip organizer has changed it to Hotel Cozumel!

I enjoy being on the ocean. Is it a problem being on the other side of the road from the ocean? Is it a long walk to carry your gear to the pier? How far is Hotel Cozumel from the Barracuda?

Hotel Cozumel is just a very short walking distance south of Barracuda. SS

Yep, there's a tunnel (with stairs) going under the road. There are also dive lockers available on the oceanward side, by the rinse tanks.
Hotel Cozumel is about a 15 minute walk from downtown. I don't remember exactly where Barracuda is but I know you pass it on the way.

The tunnel was still there when I was there just over a week ago. It makes it very easy to get to the ocean.

you would need to be on the top floor (3rd) to get a decent view...they have a nice beach club across the steet via the underground tunnel...plus a nice beachside resturant...there is also a small hot tub at the beach club...when you check in ask for one of the dive lockers they belong to the hotel not the onsite dive op....there are also rinse tanks there as well....

It's about 5 blocks to the Barracuda from there, and as mentioned the tunnel is an easy thing since it's just like a hall with stairs at either end. This photo album should explain it all, and the ocean view is blocked by the beach club & other buildings at a lot of angles, even from the 3rd floor.
Picasa Web Albums - Larry - Hotel Cozumel...

Cheryl and I stayed at Hotel Jan/Feb for carnival. We had a beach side room on the top floor and we could see the ocean. Kind of overlooked the parking lot a little and of course the street. It was kind of secluded and nice. We are planning on coming back for carnival again in Feb. 2009 and staying at Hotel Cozumel. The walk in to the parades was easy and pretty close. THe walk thruthe tunnel to the beach is kind of nice and Dive Paridise was right on the beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom