Hotel Costa Brava - Contact Info Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BarnBrat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Folks,

We may have a last minute addition to our New Years trip to Coz and the hotel our group has booked is full. We are staying at The Barracuda (yes we've been there before and know what to expect! :D). I'm looking for a cheap hotel w/in walking distance that might have a room available. Hotel Costa Brava is practically across the street but I can't seem to find reliable contact info to book a room. Their website is down and the email I found online bounces back. I'm almost certain it is still open as there are recent reviews floating about on the net. It is listed on Booking.com but that site has very sketchy reviews when it comes to booking rooms. Does anyone here know how to book directly?

Boy, it's been years since I have stayed there. I *think* I emailed them once or twice and another time, I just walked in off the street and got a room. But that's kind of risky, especially at New Year's, if you don't have a back-up plan. :D

Ph +52 987 872 1453 - Hotel Costa Brava - Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico - Travel & Transportation | Facebook

The same number is given by google, but see others and email addy at Hotel Costa Brava - Vacaciones o Negocios en Manzanillo, Colima.

Well, you said you had problems emailing them? I tried the 800 number but it failed. I then tried 52-314-333-9201 and 52 987 872 1453. Those both did work okay, but his English was almost as bad as my Spanish - terrible. How is your Spanish...??

Last edited:
Don, thanks for taking the time to look into things. Unfortunately the phone number you posted that works is for a different Hotel Costa Brava, not the one in Coz. It seems that the Costa Brava in Coz truly is off the grid! I really think they are still open based on recent reviews. I suppose they must rely mainly on walk-in bookings! :confused:

Dear BarnBrat,

PM me with info and I'll walk over and get you set up. I know the lady that runs it and she is a very nice person. Or just do dave@aldora.com

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Reactions: eab
Dear BarnBrat,

PM me with info and I'll walk over and get you set up. I know the lady that runs it and she is a very nice person. Or just do dave@aldora.com

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Dave, Thank you so much! It's still up in the air if the extra folks will be joining us or not, as soon as I get the go ahead from them I will contact you for sure! :banana::D

What service! I added a second number that I called to my post above, as it went thru, but we couldn't talk. You mentioned the site being down? It seems up, but only useable in Spanish. I emailed reservaciones@hotelcostabrava.com.mx asking if they had an English site. It didn't bounce, but no reply - again with the language barrier, perhaps.

Since you're new to dive travel, I wanted to try to be helpful - rather than asking if you had called. :D

Dear Don, and others,

There are several really good businesses here who provide excellent service but sometimes don't work too well in English. Isis Car rental comes to mind. I am quite sure that Christi, I, or other locals could help in such situations no matter who their fav dive op is.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I stayed at Costa Brava multiple times years ago so there must be a way to reach them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom