Horse Collar BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob S

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for either Scubapro, Nemrod or USD horsecollar BC's in good conditon. I 'm six foot 190 pounds so I guess I need a size large? Haven't seen much on e-bay lately. Any where else I could be looking? Thanks for your response. Bob S

The yellow US Divers are usually bad. I would watch for a Seatec brand. I personally have 2 US Divers black horsecollars and they are NOS military surplus. 1 has been used 3 times and I would be willing to sell it if the offer is fair. PM me with offer.

You should be able to find a Scubapro in good condition. They are tough. They don’t have a bladder. I have a couple in very decent shape that I use for some vintage dives.

The Nemrod is also very tough bladder-less horse collar, but they are much harder to find. They accept an air bottle similar to a Fenzy. I have one that I will dive someday. I don’t have the air bottle for it.

The US Divers are very easy to find, but any vintage one is either leaking or it will leak shortly after you try to use it. The bladder in everyone I am aware of will split right where any fittings are attached. I haven’t heard of anyone that has been able to repair one.
I have one you can have if you pay for shipping.

You may also want to post your request at VintageDoubleHose.com

Good luck

SeaTec very, very good to me. N

ScubaBasics, Could you post a photo of the black USD navy BC you might be willing to sell?
Thanks everyone for your feedback. Bob S

Hi Bob S, I just looked thru several boxes in my collection and did not find a second USD horsecollar. I am in the process of reorganizing some of my collection and some is in storage. At this time, I will have to retract having 1 available until I find both. I have about 15 different horsecollars in my collection.
usd700.jpg

I have two used Scuba Pro horse collar BCs.

One has a slow leak --- I am not certain where or why.

The other one remains inflated for about 12 hours, then slightly deflates.

One is oral inflation the other is automatic. I do not have the inflator hose from Scuba cylinder to the BC.

Interested?

Make a reasonable offer ad they are yours

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom