Honorary Swampdiver Candidate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chucksaul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Roatan evacuations
On Tuesday, in the final hours before Hurricane Felix was expected to hit, Grupo Taca Airlines frantically airlifted tourists from the Honduran island of Roatan, popular for its pristine reefs and diving resorts, while the U.S. Southern Command said in a statement that a Chinook helicopter evacuated 19 U.S. citizens, including tourists and members of U.S. Joint Task Force-Bravo who were visiting the island.
Another 1,000 people were removed from low-lying coastal areas and smaller islands.
Bob Shearer, 54, from Butler, Pa., said he was disappointed his family's scuba diving trip to Roatan was cut short by the evacuation order.
"I only got seven dives in. I hope they didn't jump the gun too soon," he said as he waited for a flight home in the San Pedro Sula airport

I think this guy deserves to be an Honorary Swampdiver... Aint no Yankee got them kind of huevos...

scubabum2:
Bob ain't right in the head, but I don't it will disqualify him...

I'm not sure that anyone with John Lydon as an avatar should be judging whether others are "right in the head". :)

As far as an Honorary Swamper, I'm of the opinion that unless he stayed and did a few mid-hurricane dives when the vis dropped to 6" or so while wearing a green tinted mask, he probably isn't qualified as a Swamper. Now Honorary Texain may be an appropriate title.

That's a great story! I have already repeated it once since I read it. That guy is a true diver! As for honorary swamper? Hmmm now maybe if he was willing to take a dip in a missile silo and follow that up with a 6 inch visibility dive in 10 foot of water, at Joe Pool lake while dodging boats and jet skis trying to get a look at his dive flag to see what it is, while heading back to the DFW airport to catch a flight home, then maybe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom