Despite the warnings people traveled to XYZ and are now stuck. Who is responsible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, we had planned a trip during Easter. A rather expensive one. If we had cancelled the trip before the official advice not to travel was out, the whole cost would've been on us. And I want to believe that we weren't the only ones who didn't quite realize the seriousness of the situation just some 5-7 weeks ago. It was only a few days before the national lockdown that the official advice changed to "do not travel abroad". We decided to cancel our vacation about a week before the official advice changed, and it was quite a bit of a relief when the advice was changed because that meant that our travel insurance would cover the loss.

But if you won't se the writing on the wall after the warning came out, you're on your own. Your decision, your risk. Own it.
We had a trip planned to Spain.

We were supposed to fly out 2 hours before the US imposed vague unclear rules for travel back into the US after travel abroad.

The airline (non US carrier) attempted to refuse our refund because the flight had left and if we landed and had to come back immediately they would have booked us a return flight no problem.

It made me laugh, until I realized she was serious. So I called Amex and they disputed the charge for all our flights.

It also made me realize how happy I would be to see some of these companies go under.

And to some divers, it's considered only marginally essential

*dons flameproof suit*
If you aren't aren't part of a first responder org with a dive team, or a commercial diver got news for ya. You aren't doing any essential diving.

And that includes any recreational/tech diving or training, instructors, etc. Don't fool yourself or think you are fooling anyone else.

If you aren't aren't part of a first responder org with a dive team, or a commercial diver got news for ya. You aren't doing any essential diving.
Film at 11

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom