Hollis Titanium Line Cutter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there

anyone knows the dimensions of the sheath of the line cutter?

any other feedback? am torn between the trilobite cutter and this one...

cheers

Hi, I just bought one the other day and really like it. I tried it out on various items around the house and it seems pretty sharp. I like the low maintenance of the titanium. My sheath measures about 14 cm x 7.5 cm. It will fit on 2 inch (5 cm) webbing either horizontally or vertically. It is unobtrusive and very low profile.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jim

I've got the Trilobite, and I'm very pleased with it.

The Hollis seems to be a nice solid one piece tool -- and the titanium construction is definitely a plus.
That being said, I have to wonder how sharp it stays. The Trilobite has changeable stainless tell blades, takes up literally no space (can't tell it's there, on the waist strap version), and I've yet to find anything (that could typically represent an entanglement hazard) that it won't go through like butter... Thinking of getting a second to keep in my car as an emergency seat belt cutter...

Thanks guys.... It's tough....

One for the titanium and great looks....

The other for the compact size and price....

Hmmmm... Buy both?!? Haha :)

I just ordered the Hollis from Dive Gear Express! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom