Hollis Katana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TigerDiver8

Contributor
Reaction score
Ventura County, California, United States
# of dives
500 - 999
So first off, I love this system. It is so comfortable and feels very natural. I dive with two HP100 and have no issues at all. It is an amazing system. I love how I can adjust the bungee and have the valves sit more towards the back of my armpit like the photo below
Katana_dark_1024x1024.jpg

I had just seen on Instagram (#hollisgear) a picture of a katana with dual inflators. Now I know it doesnt have a dual bladder option, I also know you can add a second inflator to the other OPV, although pointless to me to have 2 inflators on 1 bladder.

My question is, Is there a way to add a second bladder to this system? I would love to add this cause I am not always diving dry.

I'm not sure if there's a factory option for a redundant bladder, in the interim, you can us a MSR style bladder or the ubiquitous SMB.

So first off, I love this system. It is so comfortable and feels very natural. I dive with two HP100 and have no issues at all. It is an amazing system. I love how I can adjust the bungee and have the valves sit more towards the back of my armpit

I do find it gratifying that after a decade of US sidemounters denying the benefits of 'UK/Mexican-Cave' design sidemount rigs,... when a US manufacturer finally puts together a rig using these principles it's getting such a pleasurable reception. :D :D :D

My question is, Is there a way to add a second bladder to this system? I would love to add this cause I am not always diving dry.

Have a look at the Deco Sidemount. You can wear it as a 'cummerbund' using bungee under your primary rig for redundancy. It's quite economical, if bought as a wing-only option.

I do find it gratifying that after a decade of US sidemounters denying the benefits of 'UK/Mexican-Cave' design sidemount rigs,... when a US manufacturer finally puts together a rig using these principles it's getting such a pleasurable reception. :D :D :D

Have a look at the Deco Sidemount. You can wear it as a 'cummerbund' using bungee under your primary rig for redundancy. It's quite economical, if bought as a wing-only option.

I would like it to put it in the shell of the katana. I would like a second inflator but i can do with an oral inflate like the razor back up system. Althought not sure what L MSR bag will fit as the shell is tight when fully inflated by its self

The stealth Tec is going to be available with a redundant bladder sometime this year.

For me, when I dive steels I am using a drysuit for redundancy, and when I use aluminum tanks I am never very deep or heavy so redundancy is not needed.

Back
Top Bottom