Hollis Explorer rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you explain the situation with and without a bailout bottle? If you don't have one do you just have shorter dive limits? Does your post mean that you can do a 120 minute dive and still have reasonable bailout, without a bailout bottle? Is that allowed under PADI? What do you think is a reasonable expectation without a bailout bottle if you use a larger primary tank (if that is allowed) when doing deeper dives, for a simple profile... Thanks for any explanation you can give. Best, Bill

The bailout bottle is a certifying agency requirement and Hollis recommendation for dives below 60' it is also a very smart idea for safety and the numbers I gave are from testing that Hollis/VR did but they will vary depending on diver condition and health.

What ever happened with the CO2 sensor on these units? I read that they were going to come with them, but then there was a delay and they'd be an add-on.

What ever happened with the CO2 sensor on these units? I read that they were going to come with them, but then there was a delay and they'd be an add-on.
They decided to not include those and offer them as an upgrade. The first units will not have them in them.

When will they be offered and how much?

With Hollis nothing is sure till it arrives. I used a CO2 sensor during my instructor course so they have a working one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom