First Rebreather Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Helmet mounted lights are excellent for illuminating your hands when tying off/whatever; just doesn't need to be bright.

For a light failure, reach to my head and turn one of the backups on. Can pull them off the helmet if necessary. No furkling around in pockets required.

Helmet mounted lights are excellent for illuminating your hands when tying off/whatever; just doesn't need to be bright.

For a light failure, reach to my head and turn one of the backups on. Can pull them off the helmet if necessary. No furkling around in pockets required.

In an emergency, blinding your buddy while looking at him in the face is always fun too. But I'll defer to your cave diving experience.

In an emergency, blinding your buddy while looking at him in the face is always fun too. But I'll defer to your cave diving experience.
If only we could all dive in warm waters without thick gloves and numb fingers in places where you don’t have to climb through holes in the ground to the dive site.

Thankfully, helmet mounted lights have switches and can be used in different circumstances such as augmenting the primary light, illuminating around your hands whilst working, or pushing through a tight restriction.

If only we could all dive in warm waters without thick gloves and numb fingers in places where you don’t have to climb through holes in the ground to the dive site.

Thankfully, helmet mounted lights have switches and can be used in different circumstances such as augmenting the primary light, illuminating around your hands whilst working, or pushing through a tight restriction.
yea but then you have to wear a helmet which is embarassing and not to mention completely unnecessary

Puzzling how helmets are uncommon in US overhead diving. Where do you keep all your backup lights or head torch for illuminating close up?
yea but then you have to wear a helmet which is embarassing and not to mention completely unnecessary
Strange how my helmet looks so scratched and scarred. Much better that than my cranium.

Our overhead diving guidebook...
Classic Darksite Diving

1729611187947.png

Doesn't look like those lights can't shine in your face, they are pointing up!! 😀

I do kinda find it funny that on hard ground.
People don't have to much trouble with headlamps.
(Unless it's my kid.)

But underwater its forbidden.

I think padi should have a course for wearing a light on your head.

This is from someone that doesn't wear a helmet underwater.

Back
Top Bottom