Hog for Rec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't this weekend due to family holiday plans. Otherwise I'm sure you wouldn't bite and I'd love to dive with you sometime in the future.

I've ow
If you want to do anything to the left side of the harness, you have to take the buckle off. A traditional weight belt would have almost no reason to ever remove the buckle as all work would be done from the other end. But with a harness there can be situations where you need to remove the buckle to add or remove something.

Has anyone come up with a better mouse trap? Obviously it'd have to be bullet proof simple and strong but I'd think some technique to have strength and ease of service.

I sometimes add a set of shears on that side next to the knife when wreck diving as I like to be able to access them easily with both hands instead of putting them on one side in a pocket. My buckles only have three slots instead of four so the webbing simply routes through them and not back on itself as it can with the buckles that have four slots. Taking it on and off or making a little adjustment is easy with this system and I would guess you can route your webbing, at least temporarily, in this way by using only three of the slots until you get your rig sorted. Sure the four slot buckles with the webbing routed back over itself would hold an even greater load but since we are probably talking more than hundreds of pounds, it's really not necessary for a scuba harness. DSS sells seriously robust buckles with three slots for those inclined.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom