HMAS Adelaide Being Sunk 27th March On Central Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:shakehead: as if Greenpeace has ANY facts concerning that the sinking of cleaned reef ships have had ANY negative affect on whales .... by calling it dumping is just sensationalism ... they want you to NOT read the facts, just make an emotional un-informed connection to something bad

I am late to this party because it all started happening about the time I was heading off overseas. The Brisbane has been scuttled for long enough to prove false the accusations and paranoia that people seem to have or be trying to generate over this.

Greenpeace :shakehead: I just don't know how some of these groups can con so many supposedly intelligent people.. sure wouldn't want Truth to interfere with their chosen version of reality:shakehead:

BTW Nimbies = reference to an area where a lot of "flower children types" settled in the 60's

As does the HMCS Yukon , celebrating it's 10th year as an artificial reef here

The Yukon is certainly a great example since it has been down twice as long as the Brisbane. I Had hoped to dive the Brisbane when it had just been scuttled (July 31, 2005).. take pictures and return to take pictures of a period of years from the same angles to track the growth.. great idea but it is just a bit too far for us to do regularly. I am hopeing that I will be able to do the picture tracking on the Adelaide as it will be much closer.

I don't think these people are interested in anything that doesn't support their position tho..

Maybe I will be able to get back to LA... would you take me to dive the Yukon if I do?:)

Sure ... we can get another HH'er/MOF get together going :) .. maybe I can get Rick and Kathy to go dive the Yukon as well as the Ruby E too

That sounds like fun DB:) I would love to have a chance to dive with you again! I forgot to get a pic last weekend for Kimber.. with the pink band.

Any luck you will make it over here and we will all dive the Adelaide together :flowers:

BTW Nimbies = reference to an area where a lot of "flower children types" settled in the 60's

No, that's a NIMBY, as in, Not In My Back Yard.

The flower children at Nimbin are now middle class citizens with million dollar property values to protect.

oops..:blush: thanks for clearing that up for me I thought people were referring to the "save the world mentality"... I still haven't worked out all the slang terms here.. just when I think I know the steps ... someone changes the music :shakehead:

oops..:blush: thanks for clearing that up for me I thought people were referring to the "save the world mentality"... I still haven't worked out all the slang terms here.. just when I think I know the steps ... someone changes the music :shakehead:

I know what you mean. I hate musicians.

No Copyright intended.

Attachments

• img126.jpg
    img126.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 129

Back
Top Bottom