Hijacking! How good are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fish has it more my style. Oh look at that pretty one. What was that? Oh did you see that barracuda, no lucky that was a trumpetfish. :shocked2: Oh well. :doh2:I just like looking at them all and leaving them be when I am done looking. The voyeur in me I guess. :eyebrow:

I totally agree ... what the heck does it matter that you dont know a darn fish's name as long as you enjoy watching them, I bet you they dont know my name :D:D

Fish has it more my style. Oh look at that pretty one. What was that? Oh did you see that barracuda, no lucky that was a trumpetfish. :shocked2: Oh well. :doh2:I just like looking at them all and leaving them be when I am done looking. The voyeur in me I guess. :eyebrow:

When I first started diving I used to try to id them... then gave up so I lknow a few from that. Now I only try to Id ones that are unusual for our area... I would rather look at them and take pictures. We have a lady in our regular dive group who is really good at iding stuff...I figure I only have so many grey cells to fill up... wont bother trying to fill them with stuff I don't need to know:rofl3:

Where are you now ... is this another fly by post maged????
@home :coffee:.... umm, dunno, until I fell asleep I guess
I'm really good at Fish ID too.

Ask Maged.

:D:popcorn:
hey, go back & read it, I knew it first, I had to search the net though..
Oh ... I will

I am good at fish ID also ... big fish, little fish, blue fish, brown fish, not a fish ... how bout that for taxonomy
Wow! never expected to meet someone knows better :rofl3:

I love ID'ing fish. Not that great at it but, think its really fun.

I had this friend who used to take an insane amount of pics but didn't know anything about the fish. AT ALL> But, he could navigate like a champ!!

I used to tell him on trips....if you get me back to the boat, I'll tell you what you saw.

When I first started diving I used to try to id them... then gave up so I lknow a few from that. Now I only try to Id ones that are unusual for our area... I would rather look at them and take pictures. We have a lady in our regular dive group who is really good at iding stuff...I figure I only have so many grey cells to fill up... wont bother trying to fill them with stuff I don't need to know:rofl3:

You got that right, though I will just go diving with Tig so she can tell me what it is when I need to write it down for my journal.

When I got certified, I did it in the local quarry. There are lots of freshwater fish in there and the only one I knew was the catfish cuz swimming past my mask or at my aunts bbq, it looks the same. Nasty! The rest I dont care what they are, just want to be nosey about them. Like fish say, they don't know me so I dont need to know them.

@home :coffee:.... umm, dunno, until I fell asleep I guess

hey, go back & read it, I knew it first, I had to search the net though..

Wow! never expected to meet someone knows better :rofl3:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

and if you want to be extremely precise ... big blue fish with yellow spots :rofl3:

I love ID'ing fish. Not that great at it but, think its really fun.

I had this friend who used to take an insane amount of pics but didn't know anything about the fish. AT ALL> But, he could navigate like a champ!!

I used to tell him on trips....if you get me back to the boat, I'll tell you what you saw.

So I will work on my nav skills for when we go diving so you can tell me what was there.

I totally agree ... what the heck does it matter that you dont know a darn fish's name as long as you enjoy watching them, I bet you they dont know my name :D:D

Sas the grouper might.... Mr Seatech you are wearing a label after all and we dive there often enough heheheh fish do go to school:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom