High refractive index prescription masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iralub

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm wondering whether someone makes prescription masks with lenses with high refractive index. My eyesight is -8.5, so without a prescription mask I'm basically blind. I can't wear contact lenses (don't ask! )

I have a prescription mask, which fits great, but the lenses are super thick, limiting the field of vision and sometimes resulting in double vision as light refracts within the lens. I want to find a mask with tine lenses but the same prescription, which I think would need high refractive index lenses.

Anyone know if such mask lenses exist?

you could try contacting seavision in florida
they are listed in the manufacturers forum
they have a website and contact link

Google Precription Dive Masks in San Diego. They do thin lenses for high refractive Rxs.

Yea, forget off the shelf lenses. I have used PDM as well with nice results and they are frequently mentioned here on the board. Be sure you have a good mask that works on your face before getting the lens work done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom