High pressure fills in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

good question, Ill be down there in not too long a time also, and it would be nice to get overfills on my LP steels

Gary will set you up! However, I' betting there are a number of shops that would fill your HP tanks. Phone calls generally work well if you have specific questions for places you may want to use. ANY OP with a compressor can fill a tank to 3500psi, You may just have to ask.

I dove with CONCH REPUBLIC DIVERS for Invade the Keys 2008 and they gave me good fills on my HP100 & HP120. Great Dive operation!!! As for overfills on low presure tanks I do not know? Give them a call.

yeah these are low pressure LP tanks that I want 3600 psi in not HP tanks, im sure most of them "could" fill them that high im just curious if anyone knows if any of shops in Key Largo "will" fill that high

OK, why would you expect anyone to fill LP tanks like they were HP tanks? IMO if you get 3000 psi, you are doing well?

You do need to call Gary, because while Conch is a great OP, they are likely NOT going to bend rules like this. However I don't know for sure.... I'm guessing if they blew up their shop filling LP tanks to 3600 psi (unlikely) they would NOT be covered. However unlikely the scenario, why would you expect ANYONE to overfill your tanks?

Sorry, but we will not fill a tank beyond it's pressure rating. And to be honest I'm not aware of any OP down here that would.

Good Diving,

OK, why would you expect anyone to fill LP tanks like they were HP tanks? IMO if you get 3000 psi, you are doing well?

You do need to call Gary, because while Conch is a great OP, they are likely NOT going to bend rules like this. However I don't know for sure.... I'm guessing if they blew up their shop filling LP tanks to 3600 psi (unlikely) they would NOT be covered. However unlikely the scenario, why would you expect ANYONE to overfill your tanks?
Last time I had my LP108 doubles filled, they sat at 3900psi. I don't think I've seen a set of LP tanks filled to less than 3300 around here, I know for a fact people get upset if it's lower than that.

Typically I have them filled to 3600psi. The confusion here, is that the stamped number on the tanks is actually the TURN PRESSURE (using 1/3rds), and not the fill pressure.

I will say this. I would NOT post the name of any shop overfilling online, and if a shop won't overfill, you shouldn't give them crap about it. Just calmly go somewhere else that will, or settle for the LP fill. IMO it's the same as dive boats that require AOW. If a dive op wants AOW, I'll just go somewhere else, but certainly not argue about it, as I can respect a business owner's right to make his own decisions.

Last edited:
I never said I "expect" my LP tanks to be overfilled that much If I did I wouldnt have posed the question.... would be nice though, I dont see why it is such a big deal/problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom