Hiding behind your screen name

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2:
Well I will do anything to please you how about a T back you chose the color

nah I'll pass on that.

Curt Bowen:
Is that a pocket in the front or is that a roll of socks you have in there

Now where onto something new. I once sent to a online cataloug for some speedos and the came with this BIG pocket in the front ?. So I sent them back saying there was someting wrong with them, they told me they are made that way. Ha now I understand do you have anything in a very small

I think everyone knows people act TOTALLY different when they are anonymous or somewhat anonymous. I agree with and understand the safety issue because there are wackos everywhere.

You see the same behavior in cars (road rage), people on the phone, and people on this board flaming others of course. If these same people were standing face to face you better believe they would have a totally different tone.

--Matt

Jersey:
While it's been mentioned several time here, I think it bears repeating - ID theft, kooks, stalkers, & credit card scamming are all very real concerns.

I've been stalked by folks I fired & ex-boyfriends. I just spent 2 hrs on the phone w/ Verizon to remove $400 in long distance charges to Guinea Bissou, SA, that my computer somehow managed to ring up. I've had CC accounts opened under my maiden name & the merchandise shipped to old addresses leading me to think someone from my old 'hood lifted my mail.

I can only imagine what folks could do if I provided some legitimate information. I'm paranoid & I read quite a bit, mostly fiction, thriller-spy genre & much of it deals with computer hacking & social engineering.

My information is on a need to know basis & very few people need to know. Anyone have a DAN tag w/ your SS number on it? Some of my friends do. BC's are left in the luggage, laying around the resort or boat. Not real difficult to remember 8 digits. Or what about cert ID numbers? I'm sure in the wrong hands, PADI or NAUI numbers could be reverse engineered to provide your real name & address...

Like a few others, my pic was in my profile until the update. Just never put another up.

Jersey
Wow Jersey! It sounds like you need to move to a safer place, like Los Angeles or New York. :wink:

Christian

headhunter:
Wow Jersey! It sounds like you need to move to a safer place, like Los Angeles or New York. :wink:

Christian
Don't forget Detroit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom