Hiding behind your screen name

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my case, I do not hide behind the lips or the name. What you see is what you get. Those who have met me or talked to me know that I do not misrepresent myself. There are days when I am down and quiet and others where you can't shut me up. Other days I am playful and then there are days I just want to sit down and have a good conversation. If I don't know something, I will say so. No smoke screen.

cdiver2:
Sweet dreams :10:

Your just cruel you know that.....<shutters at the though of purple speedo's, definetly a visit to the world famous Mons to get that image outa my minds eye>

Curt Bowen:
Do you not have your real name posted because your afraid of someone knowing who you are or does this provide a smoke screen so you can flame others about diving in which you really have no experience or knowledge about and your playing a guru internet diver.

I doesn't matter if you are an internet diver or not, as long as you contribute to a conversation. Unless of course you would like to answer every single "what regulator should I buy" question...

Also - so WHAT if someone says something that is complete "bull$hit" (we are all guilty of that) because, sure enough, that person gets knocked down by someone who knows what they are talking about and everyone learns a little bit more.

As fas as hiding your identity... welcome to internet. Handles have been in use in the internet since the first e-mail was sent back in the 50's. It's tradition and I see no reason to change it. Anonimity breeds frankness.

wstein:
Your just cruel you know that.....<shutters at the though of purple speedo's, definetly a visit to the world famous Mons to get that image outa my minds eye>
Your playing hard to get now, after a couple of beers YOUR MINE

jepuskar:
While the Internet is not completely anonymous, using an alias is one way to try and keep your name off the net. Some people like to remain anonymous for various reasons, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. You need to remember what media we are communicating over, not everything is innocent...there are some people out there with mental issues.

For example: over time you can learn alot about somebody, what town they live in, hobbies, family, names of kids, their life style in general, work place etc etc....piece that all together and you could potentially have a problem if someone wanted to exploit it.

I don't mind talking to aliases, eventually you will learn their real name if it leads to that. Peoples thoughts and opinions are more important to me than their name anyway....so i dont care if your called Curt Bowen or Uncle Pug. :)

Jepuskar AKA: Jason :wink:

Come on, you're not trying to tell me that Uncle Pug isn't a real name? :eyebrow:

screw it, i am just going to further hid behind my screen name and change it to air sucking dawg. there is always one of those in every dive group.

wstein:
screw it, i am just going to further hid behind my screen name and change it to air sucking dawg. there is always one of those in every dive group.

I'm all alone again and I dont understand why :aeh:

I'm wanted by the FBI in 9 states, best I leave my real name unknown at this point.

cdiver2:
I'm all alone again and I dont understand why :aeh:
It's because of the purple Speedo, DUH ! ! !

wstein:
Hey, I resemble that remark! eh! ;-)
Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom