HI From PENSACOLA (FL)!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sglake:
new member here too , welcome I kinda grew up in pensacola haven't been back for awhile , live up north now but sure do miss it !!

So come back, It's never really that far. Besides, it's SOMETIMES warmer down here (HA, HA..).
(You know you'll have to when they sink the "Big O" here.)
Till then - Merry X-mas to you and yours, DIVECOP71

down4fun:
I'm a little late but welcome Divecop.

I'm glad to see I am not the only one who thinks the water is cold in Florida in Nov. I just got back from the Keys I had on a 3mm full with a 3mm shorty and a hood. My dive buddy had on shorts and a rash guard :11:

Thanks for the welcome! How are things down there? Afraid I have'nt been around Ft. L. in a while... For Rec. diving in the fall months, I actually prefer to use a zipper-less full body surfing suit w/5 mil chest and 3 mil arms and legs. I find that it:

A - Tends to seal better than a zip. suit (though a little tougher to get out of)
B - Has scuff gaurds and padding in all the right places, and
C - Being zip-less; doesn't catch on body hair when I move around, or have a long dangling pull cord to get bunched up in-suit, or catch on things if left out.

Thanks again, and look forward to seeing you on the board!

DiveCop71:
Thanks for the welcome! How are things down there? Afraid I have'nt been around Ft. L. in a while... For Rec. diving in the fall months, I actually prefer to use a zipper-less full body surfing suit w/5 mil chest and 3 mil arms and legs. I find that it:

A - Tends to seal better than a zip. suit (though a little tougher to get out of)
B - Has scuff gaurds and padding in all the right places, and
C - Being zip-less; doesn't catch on body hair when I move around, or have a long dangling pull cord to get bunched up in-suit, or catch on things if left out.

Thanks again, and look forward to seeing you on the board!
Things are cold down here...at least for me :11: I dove 12-26 and the bottom temp was 68 degrees. Even the surface temp had dropped.
The people at work think I am crazy as I pull up in the parking lot wearing a jacket, scarf, and beanie and the top down on my jeep. I can't help it. If it isn't raining the top is down.
I have never heard of a zipperless suit. I don't know. I have a hard enough time getting into one with a zipper :laugh: I hear there are some great wrecks to dive in Pensecola?
Well be safe in and out of the water.
Oh and Happy New Year!!!!!!!

down4fun:
Things are cold down here...at least for me :11: I dove 12-26 and the bottom temp was 68 degrees. Even the surface temp had dropped.
The people at work think I am crazy as I pull up in the parking lot wearing a jacket, scarf, and beanie and the top down on my jeep. I can't help it. If it isn't raining the top is down.
I have never heard of a zipperless suit. I don't know. I have a hard enough time getting into one with a zipper :laugh: I hear there are some great wrecks to dive in Pensecola?
Well be safe in and out of the water.
Oh and Happy New Year!!!!!!!

I can't wait for them to sink the BIG "O" in June. That carrier is going to make one sweet dive. Looks like I'll be making alot of new dive buddies then. You know you'll have to come up to see her.
The Zipperless suit I use was made by RipCurl. Don't know who, or if, anyone still makes them now...
That is too cool... You too own a Jeep. I Too Understand. (2000 Wrangler Sahara)
But I use the hardtop in winter (Quieter/Warmer/ and Less Likely to be Robbed From or Ripped Off - Not that they'd get far anyway, but still.. )
Did You Know.... 6 to 8 Military MRE heater packs will heat an avg. size bathtub full of water to 120' plus in about 20 mins.?? (Learned that after Ivan. ) They also work good on freshwater dives when carried in mesh bags/outside suit. (Kind of like having your own little fire...) )

wow never thought about that but i have used the heaters to heat up water for coffee. and make mre bombs. and unfortanatly i use them to heat up the mre. which i hate.

joey

smallminnow:
wow never thought about that but i have used the heaters to heat up water for coffee. and make mre bombs. and unfortanatly i use them to heat up the mre. which i hate.

joey
You said the "B" word.
In the future, please remember that when talking to police - never joke about committing a felony. :11: (It makes us hungry:wink: )
Many of the MREs arn't very tasty, but I did like the raviolli one

so now what you gonna arrest me for saying the b word. :11: as far as them being tasty when you eat them for 7 months straight they tend to taste like crap. and what sucks is im about to have to eat them again for a couple of months. they have some new ones in the making. hopefully they will be good. by the way which squad car do you drive.

joey
ps if i had to pick one i think the spehgetti has them all beat.

DiveCop71:
You said the "B" word.
In the future, please remember that when talking to police - never joke about committing a felony. :11: (It makes us hungry:wink: )
Many of the MREs arn't very tasty, but I did like the raviolli one

DiveCop71:
I can't wait for them to sink the BIG "O" in June. That carrier is going to make one sweet dive. Looks like I'll be making alot of new dive buddies then. You know you'll have to come up to see her.)
Afraid I don't know what the Big "O" is :06:

DiveCop71:
Did You Know.... 6 to 8 Military MRE heater packs will heat an avg. size bathtub full of water to 120' plus in about 20 mins.?? (Learned that after Ivan. ) They also work good on freshwater dives when carried in mesh bags/outside suit. (Kind of like having your own little fire...) )
I did not know that. LOL. I bet you were the envy of the neighborhood with your warm water baths!
Do they work in saltwater?

down4fun:
Afraid I don't know what the Big "O" is :06:

I did not know that. LOL. I bet you were the envy of the neighborhood with your warm water baths!
Do they work in saltwater?

O = Oriskany (An Aircraft Carrier to be sunk here off Pensacola in june 05 in about 200 ft of water) If successful, the ship will settle upright with upper forestructure in about 38 ft and main flight deck at around 75-85ft depth.

Heaters - Yes but results vary (usually on the bad side)

That would be an awesome dive. I love wrecks! They are like a giant underwater playground to me. I just have to crawl on them and in them...when safe of course.

Back
Top Bottom