Hi everyone from cold Indiana!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool! Then camping and diving it is - barring any major "problems" here, you can definately count me in :)

-----

Mike.

What time are you guys meeting on Saturday? I have a prior commitment so I don't think I can make it.

rakkis:
What time are you guys meeting on Saturday? I have a prior commitment so I don't think I can make it.

Hey! We're supposed to meet at 1:00, and it's not like all of us will be on time. I have my last 2 dives to do and I think the rest are doing their first 3 dives, so I think we'll be there a while. The weather is supposed to be great! The water wasn't that bad and the vis was about 25 feet the other day. For a quarry, it was pretty cool, better than I expected! Of course, everything is cool at this point!

rakkis:

What prior commitment could be more fun than hanging out with us?:wink:

jeepchick:
What prior commitment could be more fun than hanging out with us?:wink:

Korean BBQ with some friends plus maybe something in the evening.

If you're meeting at 1, then you'll probably be heading home at around 5-6. That may be too close to interrupting playtime for me.

Would you guys quit pulling my arm already ...

I can feel ya' ... in my mind ... IN MY MIND! ...

trying to make me take my gear outta storage and ...

come ...
come dive ...
come dive with us ...

NO! ... MUST ... RESIST ...
MUST RESIST ...

-----

Mike.

rakkis:
Korean BBQ with some friends plus maybe something in the evening.

If you're meeting at 1, then you'll probably be heading home at around 5-6. That may be too close to interrupting playtime for me.

Okay, fine, we'll have fun without you! BBQ sounds good, I do catering in my spare time, that's one of my favorite foods to do! Did a wedding over the summer and fixed it for 250 people!

jeepchick:
Thanks, I'd love that! My father in law was a wreck diver back in the 60's and 70's and says it's better than the ocean, I know everyone has their opinions on that one. I would love to experience all kinds of diving and wreck diving is on the list. I'll keep that in mind for sure, and it can't be much colder than our dives yesterday!

Better than the ocean? Well...the ocean is a big place...I guess that depends on where in the ocean we're talking about... :wink:

But the diving is pretty good...and vis is much better than it was when your father-in-law was diving it, assuming he hasn't dove it in the last 10 years or so...

I wouldn't take that bet about it not being colder than your dives, depending on when you go. However, in mid-to-late summer, the water temps reach into the high 60's or low 70's, quite nice in a 7mm suit. I don't dive dry yet, so that's when I go.

Always up for a new buddy. Look forward to hearing from ya'. :)

Glad you enjoyed dives 1-2 !
Too cold for me and then theres the issue of "shrinkage".

Have fun completing your dives. I'm an old geezer so a word of caution...
keep your wits about you with these guys !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom